Author Topic: NEW VIRUS...DO NOT CLICK LINK!!!  (Read 3531 times)

Godschild1970

NEW VIRUS...DO NOT CLICK LINK!!!
« on: May 07, 2011, 05:26:16 AM »
hxxp://www.letmewatchthis.ch/movie-6976-The-Five-Heartbeats: This link came up blocked by Avast as having a Trojan virus connected to it even though the webrep symbol said it was good....BE CAREFUL...I think people are creating accounts and using them to make websites look approved by Avast
« Last Edit: May 07, 2011, 03:10:48 PM by igor »

Offline mikaelrask

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
Re: NEW VIRUS...DO NOT CLICK LINK!!!
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2011, 08:26:40 AM »
thanks for sharing, but make the link un clickable so other user might not click on it and get infected. chance the adress to wxw instead for www to make unclickable.
Windows 8.1 amd a10-5700 64 bit
12 GB ram 1 tb hard drive. Avast 18, MBAM

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2011, 02:47:29 PM »
wXw.letmewatchthis.ch/movie-6976-The-Five-Heartbeats: This link came up blocked by Avast as having a Trojan virus connected to it even though the webrep symbol said it was good....BE CAREFUL...I think people are creating accounts and using them to make websites look approved by Avast

Clearly you don't get what we mean about the link, people can't accidentally (or stupidly) click on it if it isn't active and clickable.

Please 'modify' your post change the URL from http to hXXp or www to wXw, to break the link and avoid accidental exposure to suspect sites, thanks. Though I get no alert by avast on that link or do you mean it happened when you tried to download the movie ?

The WebRep currently has nothing to do with a site being infected, it is reputation only, so the icon isn't saying this site is clean. A future development of the WebRep add-on will be the inclusion of information from the avast Virus Labs and then there would be a direct connection with the site being infected at the time.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2011, 02:52:47 PM by DavidR »
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline polonus

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • malware fighter
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2011, 03:21:36 PM »
Hi DavidR,

Live link has been reported to mods to be broken...

polonus
Cybersecurity is more of an attitude than anything else. Avast Evangelists.

Use NoScript, a limited user account and a virtual machine and be safe(r)!