Author Topic: Resolved: How do I get Rid of the Upgrade Screen for Avast 7  (Read 2871 times)

Diddy

Resolved: How do I get Rid of the Upgrade Screen for Avast 7
« on: February 25, 2012, 09:03:20 AM »
HI I was wondering if someone could help me please.  I have installed Avast 7 over avast 6.  I upgraded to avast 7 yesterday on my Windows Vista home Basic system.  Tonight when I started my computer up and my desktop comes up a black screen popups up with the avast logo telling me that I am almost finished upgrading to Avast 7 and that I need to push the Finish button to continue.  So I pushed the finished button and the popup went away.  So then I thought I would see if the avast upgrade screen would not come up again so I restarted my computer again and again the upgrade screen for avast 7 came up again and so again I pushed the finished button.

What I would like to now is their anyway for me to get rid of this avast upgrade screen for good.

Thanks and have a great day.

I do not understand the instructions in the link in the forum.  Could someone please help me find any easier solution to fix the above issue please.

I am only an intermediate computer user I have no advanced trouble shooting of any kind.

« Last Edit: February 27, 2012, 03:32:25 AM by Diddy »

Goodgrace

Re: How do I get Rid of the Upgrade Screen for Avast 7
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2012, 01:23:53 PM »
This also happned to me. I restarted/turned pc of about 10 times the last time it asked if I  wanted to install google Chrome I unticked that option then finnish and has not done it since. Hope that works for you

Diddy

Re: How do I get Rid of the Upgrade Screen for Avast 7
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2012, 03:31:02 AM »
HI everyone I just thought I would mention that I emailed Vik of avast yesterday and he said about the nag screens that come up at the desktop this issue will be fixed soon.

thanks.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
The best things in life are free.