Author Topic: Avast! configuration copy  (Read 6200 times)

Esgrimidor

Avast! configuration copy
« on: August 09, 2008, 06:08:40 PM »
Suppose I adquire a new pc and want to save and restore the avast! configuration files in the new PC.

What steps I must do ?

Thanks.

Excuse my english

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Avast! configuration copy
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2008, 06:22:41 PM »
The main file to copy would be the avast4.ini file and possibly the avast4.db in the C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\DATA folder.

You would need to disable the avast self-defence module or boot into safe mode (where avast doesn't run) to replace the files in the new installation.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Esgrimidor

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2008, 07:00:43 PM »
Thanks David : understood.

In these moments I would like if is it possible exit Avast! from the status bar.
I only see the option stop protection.

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2008, 07:20:31 PM »
The configuration files are not meant to be copied to another machine - if the target machine has a different OS or avast! is installed in another folder / on another disk, it probably won't work.
Besides, some info is also stored in registry.

Esgrimidor

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2008, 01:59:05 AM »
Thanks Igor.

The software do well.

The same o.s.
But not the same disk.

I don't have a special configuration. Only want to preserve exceptions because I use Avast several times under the same pc.

For example. jv16 utilities recommend be as a exception.

Excuse my english

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2008, 04:53:45 AM »
The same o.s.
But not the same disk.
Copying avast.db won't work in this case...
The best things in life are free.

Esgrimidor

« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2008, 11:18:46 AM »
I don't know what the programa does. But it's doing well and have no problem at the moment. Certainly, I don't have any real problem anyway.

If the avast.db don't work it's probably substituted by new values on the fields and so on. I don't really know, but don't care.

I don't have a special configuration, but the exceptions seems to be in avast4.ini because when indepent the installations dissapeared, but when I copy both files : avast.db and avast4.ini from the original partition system the exceptions reappeared and well configured.

Also, when the independation is done Avast! offers actuallize version. Proofed in three systems and I have five to resolve...