Author Topic: Avast 8 giving me grief, lost image permissions  (Read 1810 times)

GetomA-vast_

Avast 8 giving me grief, lost image permissions
« on: March 02, 2013, 11:04:19 PM »
G'day from Australia, I downloaded Avast 8 yesterday after several years of ZERO issues with Avast 7. Then the BLUE screen of death appeared for a moment (I was unable to read it) and my desktop shut down and began to reboot. I am using Windows XP sp 3. I worked out it was when Avast was initialising and so was Zone Alarm firewall. I concluded that they were in conflict and on the fifth reboot, manage to uninstall Zone Alarm. I had tried to uninstall Avast 8 but the PC froze. I have now been online for 2 hours without shutdown and hopefully I have done the right thing.
When I go on Ebay, and search my regular bookmarks, I have image permissions (Save Image As, Rotate Image, etc, etc) when the 200 Items per page come up BUT, when I go into an individual listing and enlarge the images, I have ZERO image permissions, cannot do a thing and many images are now BLURRED (very strange).
The image permissions seem to be OK on any other Website, more testing to be done yet.
Have these issues occurred to any one and what solutions could I try?
I have activated Windows Firewall for now as I dont want to change settings in Avast until I have more data.
I believe Avast is a good product and will persevere with advice.

danw1979

Re: Avast 8 giving me grief, lost image permissions
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2013, 08:21:12 PM »
Unfortunately you're not alone. I've used Zone Alarm free and Avast free for years with no complaints. Same set up as yours, XP SP3. It's also been years since I've seen a blue screen. I'm finding it hard to believe they didn't test compatibility issues with Zone Alarm on this release since administrators on other Avast forums have said it was a good combination. Best of luck to ya, if I find a solution I'll pass it on.       
« Last Edit: March 03, 2013, 08:25:46 PM by danw1979 »