Author Topic: constant "malware blocked" by avast  (Read 4651 times)

NHWeezy

constant "malware blocked" by avast
« on: July 05, 2013, 05:50:50 AM »
I am getting constant "malware blocked" messages by Avast, whether I'm using IE or Chrome.  I run the scans and nothing shows up.  What do I do?  Let me know if I need to provide more information to help solve this issue.

Thank you for any help you can provide.

NHWeezy

enma

Re: constant "malware blocked" by avast
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2013, 05:54:31 AM »
i'm guessing the websites you are visiting contains malware download scripts. so when the scripts were activated, avast stopped it. it's just a guess though

NHWeezy

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2013, 05:57:00 AM »
Emma, Thank you.  It happens with about 99% of the websites I open.  Isn't that odd?  Makes me think there is a virus, but nothing shows up when I do a scan...

Diddy

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2013, 07:38:29 AM »
HI NHWeeny how is it going on this evening.  I was going to ask a couple of questions what operating system are you currently running that you get these popups on?  What after program are you running are you running Avast free/Pro/premier/security?  What program update are you using?

Thanks have a good day if you need further help let me now by the forum

enma

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2013, 07:42:31 AM »
Emma, Thank you.  It happens with about 99% of the websites I open.  Isn't that odd?  Makes me think there is a virus, but nothing shows up when I do a scan...
Well, if 99% of the website you open shows the same reaction with avast, what's the 1%?
What operating system do you use?
what version of avast are you using? (Free/Pro/Prem/IS - 4/5/6/7/8)
Other security softwares installed?
and my name isn't Emma, it's Enma, with N

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2013, 08:35:53 AM »
NHWeezy please follow the steps listed here http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=53253.0 run the first four tools and attach ( not copy paste ) the logs created to your next post for one of the malware team members to review.

enma, malware situations are no place for guesses so please refrain from posting in these problematic areas,

Thankyou