Author Topic: avast 5.0 registration key code  (Read 46422 times)

iamsafe

avast 5.0 registration key code
« on: February 14, 2010, 02:10:10 AM »
i have been using avast 4.8 HOME (free) since last december. i still have my registration key code.

i have a laptop (connected to internet) and desktop (not connected to internet.) on the lap top i download off-line virus definitions weekly and run a scan that way.

to upgrade for 4.8 to 5.0 is easy on the laptop. if i were to download Avast HOME 5.0 and install on my desktop..could i use the same registration key code from my 4.8 version?

i know i could download a new version and get a new registration code but it would be nice to have the same one...one less thing to keep track of.

thnx

snooker

Re: avast 5.0 registration key code
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2010, 03:52:35 AM »
Supported operating systems for avast! Free Antivirus 5.0 and avast! Pro Antivirus 5.0 are Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional Service Pack 4, Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 2 or higher (any Edition, 32-bit or 64-bit), Microsoft Windows Vista (any Edition, 32-bit or 64-bit) or Microsoft Windows 7 (any Edition, 32-bit or 64-bit).

Supported operating systems for avast! Internet Security 5.0 are Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 2 or higher (any Edition, 32-bit or 64-bit), Microsoft Windows Vista (any Edition, 32-bit or 64-bit) or Microsoft Windows 7 (any Edition, 32-bit or 64-bit).

Note:
It means, that avast! 5.0 isn't supported (isn't compatible, couldn't be installed and won't run) on DOS, Microsoft Windows 3.x, Microsoft Windows NT 3.x, Microsoft Windows NT 4.0, Microsoft Windows 95, Microsoft Windows 98, Microsoft Windows ME, Microsoft Windows Server operating systems or others which aren't specified as supported.

Is it required to uninstall avast! 4.x before installing avast! 5.0?

Yes, but there isn't necessary any user interaction to uninstall avast! 4.x, because installer of avast! 5.0 is able to detect previous instance of avast! 4.x and uninstall it automatically.

How do I register avast! Free Antivirus 5.0?

Open the avast! Free Antivirus 5.0 interface and click on the 'MAINTENANCE' tab. Next click on 'Registration' and then on 'Register now'. A new window with registration form will open. Into the form fields fill the required data and then click on 'Register for free license'.

avast! Free Antivirus 5.0 can now continue to be used for 12 months and you will continue to receive automatic updates to both the program and your virus definitions. At the end of that time, it will be necessary simply to register for a new free license.

patel.nishan

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2011, 12:30:01 PM »
i have been using avast 4.8 HOME (free) since last december. i still have my registration key code.

i have a laptop (connected to internet) and desktop (not connected to internet.) on the lap top i download off-line virus definitions weekly and run a scan that way.

to upgrade for 4.8 to 5.0 is easy on the laptop. if i were to download Avast HOME 5.0 and install on my desktop..could i use the same registration key code from my 4.8 version?

i know i could download a new version and get a new registration code but it would be nice to have the same one...one less thing to keep track of.

thnx

doktornotor

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2011, 01:20:59 PM »
You don't need any registration code for Free. You can register if from the GUI. Whatever, http://www.avast.com/resend-license-free-antivirus.php