Author Topic: Loading times when booting up computer  (Read 2314 times)

pepe2

Loading times when booting up computer
« on: March 20, 2011, 08:25:18 AM »
I recently installed Soluto and found out that Avast needs about 60 to 80 seconds to load when I boot up my computer.

Could the Avast coders optimize the program so the loading times go down to about 0-30 seconds?

Offline danny96

• Malware Fighter
  • Advanced Poster
  • No-malware!
Re: Loading times when booting up computer
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2011, 08:30:02 AM »
I recently installed Soluto and found out that Avast needs about 60 to 80 seconds to load when I boot up my computer.

Could the Avast coders optimize the program so the loading times go down to about 0-30 seconds?

1) You can check mark disable rootkit scan or start-up
2) You can also check mark that avast! will load after loading other system services
Both these options are in Avast! GUI/Settings/Troubleshooting
« Last Edit: March 20, 2011, 08:32:00 AM by danny96 »
Real-time protection and Firewall: COMODO Internet Security 12.0.0.6810 -- Additional Protection: Web Of Trust, Ublock, NoScript, Malwarebytes Premium, Avast! Online Security, Hitman Pro -- OS: Windows 10

Nesivos

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2011, 08:44:18 AM »
You could also try loading avast! services last by going to Settings----------Maintenance.

That might help your boot time.

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2011, 08:49:31 AM »
You could also try loading avast! services last by going to Settings----------Maintenance.

That might help your boot time.
This has already been mentioned by danny96 plus your directions for this change are wrong, see danny's direction's.