Author Topic: Avast tip:FB privacy pop up frequency  (Read 1875 times)

Alievitan

Avast tip:FB privacy pop up frequency
« on: October 22, 2013, 06:51:48 AM »
I been getting the "Avast tip:FB privacy" pop up quite frequently, usually after I wake my computer from sleep.  Under settings ~~~~> appearences I set all pop up to show for only 7 secs and it seems that Avast tips don't honor any of those settings, b/c the pop up seems to stay for 20 secs.  Is there a way to stop Avast tips from appearing or at least reduce their duration?   

Offline TweakSS

Re: Avast tip:FB privacy pop up frequency
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2013, 10:13:52 PM »
There is another post on the same subject and it is said to be a bug as this should instead be some other alert and currently although it is set to a specific time it does not honor the settings at this time, I found it (and this post) looking for the solution as well. I assume an update will come out within the next few weeks (or less) that will address the problem.

This is the other topic with a little more info and responses. http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=137369.0

doktornotor

Re: Avast tip:FB privacy pop up frequency
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2013, 10:18:57 PM »
People please search... the popup comes instead of the VPS (definitions) update one (read, well known bug, as repeated in tons of threads already). So it's perfectly normal to see it "usually after I wake my computer from sleep"