Author Topic: Finds threat, can't get rid of it.  (Read 1992 times)

mjcolenc

Finds threat, can't get rid of it.
« on: October 09, 2010, 07:11:58 PM »
In doing the quick scan I come up with a problem.

C:\user\Sean\AppData\Local\Mi...\cohf-cumonherface_com[1].htm

Severity:High  Status:Threat:HTML.Script...

When I try to move to chest it says this.

xError:The system cannot find the file specified(2)

I do have other applications on my computer:Windows Defender, Ad-Aware, Spybot-Search and Destroy, Spyware Blaster, and Malawarebytes' Anti- Malware

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Finds threat, can't get rid of it.
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2010, 07:42:53 PM »
I think you will find it has gone already (as it should have been moved to the chest), have you checked ?
If you used the Scan logs section to open  are viewing the list of detections/files that can't be scanned and clicking the Apply button, nothing could happen as the info is historical.

I would also suggest that you clear your browser cache/temp internet files folder in IE.

With MBAM, I would get rid of adaware (much depreciated, hasn't kept pace with malware changes) and Spybot S&D. Windows defender I'm no fan of but it also gives resident protection, so if you only have MBAM free with no resident protection then it may be worth keeping. Done forget avast has anti-spyware functionality built into the main program.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security