Author Topic: Web page hangs  (Read 1488 times)

Swagman

Web page hangs
« on: August 09, 2013, 06:40:04 AM »
Hello,
I have a problem that is beyond me, so hopefully there is someone more learned that can help me.
There is a webpage that I visit (worked fine 2 weeks ago) but now it hangs just before the log-in page.
It hangs on all browsers FF, IE and Chrome. But the strange part is it works fine in Safe Zone. So I thought it may be an Avast problem, but I disabled Avast and it would still not load the page. Then I tried a laptop with the same antivirus (part of 3 computer protection) and router, it works fine on ordinary browsers, so perhaps my computer?
Now some particulars,
desktop - XP sp3, FF version 23
laptop - Win7,FF version 23
I have the latest flash player.
I have disabled all my addons in FF - no change.
I have downgraded FF version - no change.
I have set the website as trusted in the internet options in control panel - still no change
Any help will be greatly appreciated as I need to get this computer working properly again as I cant afford to upgrade to new computer.
Thanks

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Web page hangs
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2013, 12:38:57 PM »
You fail to give us the most important piece of information, the URL of the site so that it can be investigated ?
What version of avast are you using, Pro/AIS/Premier and the build number, e.g. 8.0.1489 ?

Having said that if it is still the same even with avast disabled - not a great idea disable the web shield as at least you have a fall back - then it is unlikely that there is an avast interaction.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security