Author Topic: Just installed the new Pro version 8.0.1482 and now I can't get emails anymore  (Read 2261 times)

benherrmann

Hello all:

Just upgraded my Pro version to 8.0.1482.  Did the download and install and while rebooting (during the restart process), windows crashed, but everything is all fine again.  I did however, have to manually start Avast Pro - which is fine there also.

But now, I can no longer send or receive emails via my email client, which is Incredimail (a very popular email client).  All was fine with Avast Pro version 7, but now I can no longer get and send emails.

However, when I temporarily disable Avast, I am able to send and receive.

What should I be looking for?  I checked my settings in Incredimail and all is fine there (I assume).  Please - anybody with some help here?

Thanks,

Ben Herrmann :-\

Offline vojtech

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
    • ALWIL Software
Hello,
is there any error message? What are the email account settings (server, port, security)?

lkleckner

Goto Mail Shield, SSL Scanning, and check the settings there. You no longer need to define the SSL ports for Avast, if there are ports listed, delete them, and make sure you have Scan  SSL ticked. In you email client make sure that you have the "correct ports" defined, ie. 995, 465...

Offline RedFan

On my wife her computer same issue, can not send/receive mail (email client Incredimail) after upgrading avast 7 to 8. (free av)
I will try this evening again with these steps.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2013, 05:54:49 PM by RedFan »
IntelĀ® i3 Quad-Core @4,3 GHZ. RAM: 16GB ddr4 || SSD 500 GB || Windows 11 Home x64 || Chromium user.

Larry8765

Having similar issue with send/received emails when upgrading from Free ver 7.nnn to 8.0.1482 after deleting the mail accounts as prompted.  I'm using Eudora v7.1.0.9.  Interestingly, on tow other notebooks: still works great as I have not the version 8 upgrade, but does not work on a 3rd notebook where I allowed Avast to uninstall AVG which was loaded previously.  Tech install by phone was of no help!  They fault my 3 computers!   So not likely!