Author Topic: What is the latest version fo 5 Free? Is it Beta?  (Read 4078 times)

eastwick66

What is the latest version fo 5 Free? Is it Beta?
« on: January 19, 2011, 02:44:14 PM »
Hi,
 I asked in my last post if the lastest version is Beta or not and no one replied. I am NOT technical like the rest of you users and had a huge problem after downloading the first version of 5 abput 6 months ago and had to reinstall 4.8.
Can someone please tell me if my other utilites will cause any conflicts?
I have XP SP2 Media Edition, Spywareblaster, malwarebytes, CCleaner (all free).
Thanks!!!!!!!!

swarnava

Re: What is the latest version fo 5 Free? Is it Beta?
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2011, 02:53:28 PM »
I already post on your previous topic that our latest version is 5.1.889.& it is not beta.you can download free version here

http://download869.avast.com/iavs5x/setup_av_free.exe

swarnava

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2011, 02:54:19 PM »
Remove 4.8 version and install our latest version.instruction posted on your another topic by tech
« Last Edit: January 19, 2011, 02:57:32 PM by Swarnava/Heaven GOD »

eastwick66

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2011, 03:51:23 PM »
What about uninstalling the 5.0 UPDATE I did months ago? And other Avast advisors say to uninstall Malwarebytes, etc. I'm sorry but you seem angry with my questions and I'm sorry that I'm not very technuical.
Thanks anyway.

YoKenny

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2011, 03:58:50 PM »

I have XP SP2 Media Edition
Please read:
SP3 for XP Media Center
http://www.technologyquestions.com/technology/windows-xp/229110-sp3-xp-media-center.html

SP3 has many Critical Updates and several performance enhancements.

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2011, 04:02:19 PM »
eastwick66 please stick to your original post as it makes it easyerfor help and advice to be given.

swarnava

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2011, 04:06:35 PM »
What about uninstalling the 5.0 UPDATE I did months ago? And other Avast advisors say to uninstall Malwarebytes, etc. I'm sorry but you seem angry with my questions and I'm sorry that I'm not very technuical.
Thanks anyway.

i am not angry i want to tell you that version 5.1.889 is not a beta version. If you have already install avast. Remove it by tech instruction on your previous topic. And then install it

eastwick66

« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2011, 04:22:03 PM »
I installed SP3 about a year ago and it wreacked havoc! It made my PC a nightmare, nothing worked, so I had to uninstall it. I will not go through that scene again, I couldn't use my PC unitl it was removed.
Many people have had the same problem with SP3.

Please read:
SP3 for XP Media Center
http://www.technologyquestions.com/technology/windows-xp/229110-sp3-xp-media-center.html

swarnava

« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2011, 04:28:39 PM »
Not many people.though my driver does not support windows so i cant upgrade windows 7 so i am also using sp3.no problem installed with all hotfix update.from where do you find your cd of sp3? Make sure it is genuin?

cahartley

« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2011, 03:57:46 AM »
I installed SP3 about a year ago and it wreacked havoc! It made my PC a nightmare, nothing worked, so I had to uninstall it. I will not go through that scene again, I couldn't use my PC unitl it was removed.
Many people have had the same problem with SP3.

Please read:
SP3 for XP Media Center

I'm surprised you can even get MS Updates any more without having SP3 installed.
I had a terrible time installing SP3 too......ONCE.....I uninstalled it (easy) then reinstalled it down the line at which time it worked perfectly. I just got SP3 installed on a computer at my church as I couldn't get it installed previously and had the same difficulty on one of my own.
I NEVER had a problem with Avast on an XP machine.......I wish I could say the same for the latest update on a Windows 7 x64 machine.  :(