Author Topic: Quiet Hours Mode (for sound notifications)  (Read 2356 times)

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
  • We are supersheep, resistance is futile!
    • RejZoR's Flock of Sheep
Quiet Hours Mode (for sound notifications)
« on: February 14, 2012, 04:52:48 PM »
After the chit chat on Wilders in the avast! 7 beta thread i got an idea. avast! in the current form uses sounds for notifications regardless of the time. It will make noises if it's 07:00, 15:00, 22:00 or 02:00 in the morning. Since some of us run systems even through the night and in the same room as we have our bed, it would be nice having this feature.

For starters a hardcoded time from 10:00 in the evening till 8:00 in the morning to be the "quiet hours". Time when avast! does everything the same as through the day, except it makes no noises at all. But users could change this to adapt their way of life in the settings.

It should be rather easy to design. Just check the time of the computer and if it's inside the set limit, it will either enable or disable sound of avast! notifications.
Could be a nice addition to the list of v7 features. Maybe as hardcoded feature for now but with adjustable time later.
Visit my webpage Angry Sheep Blog

AdrianH

Re: Quiet Hours Mode (for sound notifications)
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2012, 05:25:04 PM »
Do you get sounds in Gaming Mode?

I just uncheck the Sounds on box and leave it that way 24/7/365, never have wanted or needed audible alerts.

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
  • We are supersheep, resistance is futile!
    • RejZoR's Flock of Sheep
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2012, 05:42:01 PM »
You're missing the whole point of this thread. If i wanted to get rid of the sounds entirely, i'd just disable them in avast! settings. I'm talking about sound notifications that work through day but are automatically suppressed during the night.
Visit my webpage Angry Sheep Blog

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2012, 06:20:02 PM »
Good suggestion RejZoR. Like it and as avast uses scheduling for scans, it won't be that difficult to adapt to sounds (at least, for my limited knowledge).
The best things in life are free.