Author Topic: win32:sirefef-zt [Trj] virus help?  (Read 1619 times)

jurv13

win32:sirefef-zt [Trj] virus help?
« on: July 01, 2013, 07:40:28 PM »
I ran Avast today and it found the virus:
c:\windows\system32\services.exe Threat: Win32:Sirefef-ZT [Trj]

I have been online and tried a few things to kick the virus, but it is still on my computer.  Here is what I have done so far: ran a Malwarebytes full scan in safe mode and found what looked to be the virus.  I deleted it.  Then I ran FixZeroAccess and it didn't find anything to report.  Next I ran aswMBR and it found 3 infections: c:\windows\system32\services.exe **INFECTED** Win32.seirefefr-zt [Trj] ; windows\assembly\GAC_32Desktop.ini **INFECTED** Win32:sirefef-PL [Rtk] ; windows\assembly\GAC_64Desktop.ini **INFECTED** Win32:sirefef-PL. 

Avast also keeps popping up saying it is blocking threats on my computer.  The most recent was win32:zacess-[trj].  I am not sure if that is another virus or just part of the first virus.  I'm at a loss for how to remove this virus at this point.  Can anyone help?  Many thanks.

PS. I accidentally posted this to the wrong forum.  I meant to do the virus and works.  Can a mod move it to that thread for me?  Thanks.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2013, 07:43:11 PM by jurv13 »

Offline essexboy

• Malware removal instructor
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
Re: win32:sirefef-zt [Trj] virus help?
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2013, 07:42:34 PM »
Follow the steps in this thread please http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=53253.0  and attach the logs here