Author Topic: Zone Alarm Extreme Security compatible with avast! Home?  (Read 5119 times)

Vale2

Zone Alarm Extreme Security compatible with avast! Home?
« on: January 28, 2010, 01:11:51 PM »
Hello all, I am going to upgrade my Zone Alarm Pro to ZA Extreme Security and am wondering if this product is compatible with avast! Home.  ZA Pro works fine with avast! Home so I am hoping the same for ZA Extreme. 

CharleyO

Re: Zone Alarm Extreme Security compatible with avast! Home?
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2010, 04:23:41 PM »

It should be but you might get a better reply in the ZA forums since not many on this forum use ZA.

I do but I use an old version of ZA Free that works well for me and not something I would suggest the average user do.

Maybe an official avast team member will post farther information for you.

« Last Edit: January 28, 2010, 06:26:10 PM by CharleyO »

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2010, 04:31:56 PM »
It would entirely depend on their meaning of Extreme and what functions/modules it has if it has a resident anti-virus function then there is always the possibility between two resident antivirus installations.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Vale2

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2010, 05:15:05 PM »
Thanks for the replies.  I used ZA Free for many years, and it always worked super with avast! home.  I upgraded recently to ZA Pro and both [avast! Home and ZA Pro] work together brilliantly.

After posting this I received word for ZA forum to reply to the same question.  ZA Extreme is the complete package - anti virus included.  I'll have to remove avast! Home.  I bit sad since I have used avast! for 5 years now.   :-[

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2010, 05:28:52 PM »
Personally there is no way I would remove avast antivirus for an unknown entity and I would be sitting on my 5 years of experience rather than the unknown. So I would go for a custom install if ZA E and not install the AV module.

I have been using avast for almost 6 years and am currently using avast free antivirus 5.0 and that is much better than 4.8. Even avast 4.8 has features not in other AVs.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Vale2

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2010, 05:32:59 PM »
I hear you, but in actually fact I have been a ZA client longer than an avast! client and I have no gripes about ZA, not ZA Free which I started with many, many years ago, not ZA Pro which I have been using for a year now.  Upgrading to ZA Extreme I'm sure, will suit my needs as I have nothing but praise for ZA products.

I won't close the door on avast!.  One never knows when I may need this great anti virus product, but for now, it is not compatible with ZA Extreme and I honestly don't have any worries.

CharleyO

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2010, 06:32:57 PM »

Good luck to you, Vale2, as you are leaving the best behind. But, you will be welcomed back when you return.

By the way, I also used ZA Free long before avast also and the reason I use an old version of ZA Free is because it stealths all my computer ports while not being bloated like those since my version.

Eventually, I may buy AIS at which point the old ZA Free will be gone.

Anyway, say hello when you return.

Vale2

« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2010, 07:27:58 PM »
Yes, I agree, ZA Free works faboulously!! and with any antivirus.  I ran Norton and then avast! along side ZA Free (and then ZA Pro) with never a worry or a glitch.  Others I know have ZA Free and Pro and run other anti virus programs (paid and free) and never have I heard of a problem about either program.

And should I return, I most definitely will say a big HELLO!!!