Author Topic: kindle fire and avast mobile security  (Read 7563 times)

meredith meeker

kindle fire and avast mobile security
« on: March 08, 2012, 04:24:54 AM »
I just downloaded and installed the mobile security app from amazon.com., I own a kindle fire, and when I tried ti install the anti theft feature, I was notified that there were two different signatures; both had to be entered under the same key.  I am not certain what this means.  I cannot use either the firewall or the anti theft feature.  I have used avast for my personal computer, and have been very satisfied with the product.  Why sm I having this problem?  Iz the mobile security product really compatible with the kindle?   Your assistance would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you. 

Offline Filip Havlicek

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
Re: kindle fire and avast mobile security
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2012, 08:58:53 AM »
Hi,

it is compatible with Kindle, but unfortunately Amazon does non-standard things to our application making it not working correctly. We have contacted them about it a few weeks ago, but as far as I know the issue is still not solved, sorry.

Filip

jenner

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2012, 11:49:51 PM »
Can you let us know when the above issue is fixed between you and amazon.

I was also wondering, my 3 computer license, can one of those license be used with avast! mobile security.

Offline Filip Havlicek

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2012, 07:54:27 AM »
Hi,

the issue has been solved months ago, I just didn't post it here. Also note that avast! Mobile Security is completely free so no license needed.

Filip

sedaray

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2012, 12:51:42 AM »
so does avast install on kindle fire or not?
I installed it, but can't connect to my account because 'cannot connect to Google Cloud Messaging - be sure your google account is set up properly" - ?????
how do I do that?  There doesn't seem to be anything I can do.
there's no discussion in your forum besides this one.

Offline Filip Havlicek

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2012, 06:58:07 AM »
Hi,

everything besides the avast! Account stuff works. The avast! Account doesn't work since Amazon removed Google Cloud Messaging from their devices, nothing we can do about that at the moment.

Filip