Author Topic: I want to alert you about crooked phone techs  (Read 1410 times)

gigsi

I want to alert you about crooked phone techs
« on: September 06, 2013, 02:41:41 AM »
My laptop just came back from the maker minus my paid-for AVAST Premier,  so I called 866-951-7679 for assistance in regaining the service. Pablo never assisted in that; he flashed some program showing a horribly corrupted system boot up (saying it was mine, insisting I buy their elevated service for 179.-

It so happens that I am subscribed to MSFT tech service for $149.-/year, so I called them.  There was  _absolutely NOTHING_ wrong with my system, boot- or otherwise. This is the second time this has happened to me.  Pls. don't cal that number for assistance. I have a notion to report them to our State Consumer  Protection department.

Has anyone else had the same experience?

Adam Riley

Re: I want to alert you about crooked phone techs
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2013, 09:05:39 AM »
Good morning gigsi,

I am sorry to hear about your experience.  Could you please email me the details (time /date) of your call and also the email address (if any) that you gave to the rep on the call, and finally the phone number you dialed them from>  I can then pull the call recording and find out who you spoke to; if you shared your screen with them I can also pull the recording of that so I can see exactly what took place.
Please email me directly at: riley at avast dot com

I look forward to hearing from you,
Best regards,
Adam Riley