Author Topic: Relevant Knowledge  (Read 6766 times)

phantomportangel

Relevant Knowledge
« on: August 24, 2010, 09:26:52 AM »
 ??? Hi, I just installed Avast vs. 5.0.594 and ran the boot scan.  The results had tons of " Relevant Knowledge " and I tried to exercise every option from delete, to repair, to move to chest.  I finally had to click onto esc.  How do I get rid of this from my PC? help!  Jennifer

SafeSurf

Re: Relevant Knowledge
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2010, 09:45:59 AM »
I just installed Avast vs. 5.0.594 and ran the boot scan.  The results had tons of " Relevant Knowledge "
What do you mean "Relevant Knowledge?"  Did it find malware (viruses)?

You should put it in the Virus Chest until we know what it is and how we can help you.  Is there anything in the Chest now?

Can you tell me what your OS is, 32 or 64-bit?
What version of Avast do you have?  5.0.594 is the lastest.
What product of Avast do you have?  Free, Pro, AIS?
Do you have any other security software on your machine now or in the past (antivirus, firewall, or other)?

Welcome to the forum.  Let's help you out with this problem.  :)

phantomportangel

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2010, 09:07:38 PM »
Hi I have the new 5.0 it comes up during boot scan, and can't put in chest, n'or repair or delete, only exit.  Prompt C: win installer 3584 fee.msi? binary rh installer.exe  ( in windows ) prompt says, am I sure? Iclick yes, then prompt says that that option is not available for this archive ). My OS is 32-bit, winXP, Home, and " Avast Free Edition 50.677 vs.

ty Jennifer
« Last Edit: September 09, 2010, 02:29:12 AM by phantomportangel »

SafeSurf

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2010, 07:58:12 AM »
Do you have any other security software on your machine now or in the past (antivirus, firewall, or other)?
1. I'll let you answer the question above first.  How did you remove your previous AV (the vendor's uninstaller tool or some other way)?
2. To clarify, Avast 5.0.677 was a clean (fresh) install and not an upgrade from an older version.  Correct?
3. Did you reboot after your install?
4. Have you updated your definitions of Avast?
5. Are all the Avast Real-Time Shields up and running?
6. Have you run a Full time scan?  If so, did you come up clean (OK)?  If you didn't, update your definitions and run it.  Please report back to me with the results.  If anything comes up positive, put it in the Virus Chest and do NOT delete it; I will need a screen shot (ideally) or the exact spelling of anything that is put in there.

Otherwise, is your machine acting normal?  Thank you.

Offline FreewheelinFrank

• Avast Evangelist
  • Ultra Poster
  • I'm a GNU
    • Don't Surf in the Nude!
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2010, 12:03:06 PM »
Instructions
Things You'll Need:

* Relevant Knowledge

1. The removal of Relevant Knowledge is pretty simple compared to other forms of spyware/adware. First, go to the Start Menu.
2. Select Control Panel -> Add/Remove Programs. For Vista users, select Control Panel -> Uninstall a Program (it's in small print nder Programs). Search for Relevant Knowledge in the list.
3. Single-click on RelevantKnowledge, and click Uninstall up near the top. It will take you through the process, thus ridding you of your spyware.
4. Next, open your Task Manager by pressing Ctrl+Alt+Delete once. This will either open your Task Manager, or give you the option to open Task Manager. Make sure Relevant Knowledge is not on the list - if it is, End Process.
5. Restart your computer. Relevant Knowledge should be gone! If it isn't gone, try this process over again.

Read more: How to Remove Relevant Knowledge Spyware Free | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/how_5634500_remove-relevant-knowledge-spyware.html#ixzz0z1cPIjUE
     Bambleweeny 57 sub-meson brain     Don't Surf in the Nude Blog