Author Topic: Avast licence problem  (Read 7055 times)

alun

Avast licence problem
« on: April 11, 2014, 09:57:55 AM »
renewed my licence while trying to insert the new file had the following:-"unable to insert licence file. The AAVM subsystem detected a RPC error

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: Avast licence problem
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2014, 06:40:41 PM »
Something went bad with your installation...
I suggest an installation from scratch:

1. Download the latest version of avast! Uninstall Utility and save it.
2. Download the latest avast! version and save it.
3. (Optional) If you want, save your avast! settings for later restoration (Settings > Maintenance > Back up).
4. Uninstall avast! from Control Panel (if possible) and reboot.
5. Run the avast! Uninstall Utility saved on 1 in and follow the instructions. Reboot Windows in Safe Mode, uninstall avast! and then reboot in Normal Mode again.
6. Install avast! using the setup saved on 2. Register your free copy or add the license key for the paid versions. Boot.
7. Check and post the results.

Please, be patient, boot when it's said to boot...
The best things in life are free.

alun

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2014, 05:49:10 PM »
I downloaded the avastclear file and my laptop is not responding and will not start??????
when I downloaded the file to my desk top an instruction from avast came with it telling me to open the file and that my computer would restart in safe mode. all it as done since is attempt to start but fail. I have run windows rrepair and that failed!!!!

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2014, 03:53:40 AM »
Do you have any other installed antivirus in this computer?
How did you remove your old antivirus, i.e., the one you had before avast?

alun

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2014, 02:08:52 PM »
Many thanks for your aid. However all was to no avail as the avast removal tool stopped the laptop from working. The machine came with its own anti virus program which was removed via program un -install feature in windows. auto repair failed, auto repair then offered options to access system restore, this also failed, then a option to re install windows but retain all data, this also failed; only a complete factory re-install succeeded.
I then downloaded the latest version of avast and then successfully entered the licence.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2014, 03:56:34 AM »
I then downloaded the latest version of avast and then successfully entered the licence.
Well... You did not have luck... But, at least, after all, things are working now.