Author Topic: How do I Get rid of malware and virus on already infected Android-devices  (Read 5537 times)

Baltazar

Can you please tip which programs there is that get rid of virus and malware on mobile android devices that allready are infected, and how to install these tools on an already infected device.
The problem can be to install anti virus tools after the device already has been infected.

I have an Acer TF300 with WiFi (no 3g) tablet with Android 4.0.3 that has some kind of virus or malware which has overtaken the device. The evil program tries to log on to my device when I start the device. I can see that I tries to get thru my logon start page where I normaly type my password, and it takes control of the device, goes thru all menus and programs, tries to start wifi if I have stopped it, tries to exchange networks to one that is near, starts games and other programs, and so on…..

My device has worked fine for months. I installed AVG Free Antivirus directly when I bought the device, have updated it, but after months of good functionality the device finally got infected anyway…..
Because the evil program, what ever it is, is so quick an evil, I can´t control the device at all, the program has taken over, so I can´t do anything with my device.

I have a lot of free games installed from Google Play, and the problems occurred after installing the latest two games, two days ago:
Where’s My Perry? Freehttps://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.disney.WMPLite&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDEsImNvbS5kaXNuZXkuV01QTGl0ZSJd
Absolute RC Plane Sim
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.rcflightsim.cvplane2&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDEsImNvbS5yY2ZsaWdodHNpbS5jdnBsYW5lMiJd

Maybe the problems came with the above, but it could have come from earlier installations….

Some sites on the Internet tell us to uninstall the latest programs you installed, to try to locate and get rid of evil programs, malware and virus. The problem is how to do that when the device is so badly infected that you cant do anything with it but looking at how it is taken over by an evil program…..

There must be some program/s that I could boot the device from, or which could be run from Internet, and which detect the evil program/s and destroys it/them, without destroying other good installations on the device.

The problem is to know which programs or functions there is to use, how to use them when the device already is infected so bad that the device is overtaken of an evil program, so you can’t do anything your self.

Hmmmm, what is there to do to get the device to work again?

You print a lot of good tips, but can you please tip which programs there is that get rid of virus and malware on mobile android devices that allready are infected, and how to install these tools on an already infected device.
The problem can be to install anti virus tools after the device already has been infected.

I have an Asus TF300 with WiFi (no 3g) tablet with Android 4.0.3 that has some kind of virus or malware which has overtaken the device. The evil program tries to log on to my device when I start the device. I can see that I tries to get thru my logon start page, and it takes control of the device, tries to start wifi if I have stopped it, tries to exchange networks to one that is near, starts games and other programs, and so on….. I installed AVG Free Antivirus directly when I bought the device, have updated it, but after months of good functionality the device got infected anyway…..
Because the evil program, what ever it is, is so quick an evil, I can´t control the device at all, the program has taken over, so I can´t do anything with my device.

There must be some program/s that I could boot the device from, and which detect the evil program/s and destroys it/them, without destroying other good installations on the device.

My tablet is not rooted, and I have no advanced task killer installed.

More info:
Mobile Phone
I normally use my mobile phone, Ericson Neo with Android 4.0.3, as a mobile wifi hotspot to reach Internet. The mobil phone is not rooted, has the free version of Avast installed since yesterday, and erlier I had the free version of AVG, but I changed because the problems with my tablet. Since I bought my tablet, I normally don´t use my mobile phone any more for downloading and playing games directly to/on the mobile phone, even though I´v still have 20 odd games still on the mobile phone. I have a 8Gb SD-card installed in the mobile phone, and I normally move everything to the SD-card using Android Assistant, leaving the built in memory in the mobile phone almost clean.
I use Android Assistant continuously to clean cash and system memory.
I continuously update the mobile phone, OS and applications.

Tablet
The tablet has 32Gb built in memory, and I normally don´t have SD-card installed in the tablet. I use Android Assistant continuously to clean cash and system memory.
I continuously update the tablet, OS and applications, and Acer had not the latest Android-version 4.0.4, which you tip me of, fore distribution to my device a couple days ago when my tablet still worked fine. I therefore still use Android 4.0.3.

My own test
Last night, without have been reading your answer, I successfully installed the free Avast! Mobile Security onto the device, as a test to get rid of the problem. It was a struggle and war against the evil program, that has taken control of my device.
My way to install Avast was to use my desktop computer with fully uppdated Win 7 Ultimate, updated free versions of ZoneAlarm and AVG, logging on to Google Play with the account I use only with my tablet, and downloading Avast, which Google Play than automatically forced down to my tablet, which normally use the account.
The download to my tablet worked. Avast installed itself onto the device, and after a long struggle against the evil program I want to get rid of, I could secure a password to the Avast-program, so the evil program couldn´t change or uninstall it.
However the Avast did not locate any problems using the scanner, so the evil program is still on my tablet, and still causing damage and frustration.

I still don´t know what the evil program is, what it is called, and how to get rid of it. I still haven’t found a look alike problem on the Internet????!!!
I can buy full versions of all tools for malware and antivirus, but I have no guarantee that any of the programs will work, so I won’t do that.

I will now try to install other anti virus and anti malware tools the same way, to see if any other program will kill the evil program. Every tool I try, will take me some hours to try, because that the evil program on my tablet has nearly total control of the device, giving me very little room to work…….

Please continue to tip me whenever you have got more info about how I can get rid of the evil program.

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
Avast have free antivirus for android...... See avast.com
there is also a forum section for android here..

Baltazar

Hello Pondus!
Hmmm, are you for real, and have you really read my thread? I don’t think so. Please try again if you please, but please don’t comment threads without reading them first. If you read my thread, and your own answer, you will hopefully see why I react on your answer. I asked for very specific help, but I got an ignorant, irritating answer out of bounds.
I hope for someone with very good knowledge from Avast! Mobil Security, or other product, to give me constructive and competent help, with a serious problem, which soon can/will be a very big problem for lots of Android-users.

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
I asked for very specific help, but I got an ignorant, irritating answer out of bounds
sorry if it sounded like that .... that was not the intention

I hope for someone with very good knowledge from Avast! Mobil Security, or other product, to give me constructive and competent help, with a serious problem, which soon can/will be a very big problem for lots of Android-users.
That is why i suggested the android / avast! Mobile Security forum section

found here  http://forum.avast.com/index.php?board=37.0

Baltazar

Ok, and thank's
I'l try your tip, but leave my thread open for others to see and hopfully comment with sollutions.....

Baltazar

Hello again.
The problem is still "alive and kicking"!
I have just done a factory reset, on recommendation from Asus, but the persistent, evil, annoying and frustrating problem is still active, taking over the device. I can’t even begin to configure and install the device, choosing country and keyboard, before the evil problem takes over again…..!!??

The factory reset didn’t work, so I will now go back to the store, to get my tablet fixed or exchanged on the guarantee, regardless of hardware or malware problem.

I,l be back when I have got my tablet fixed or exchanged.

…..evil thing….but thanks…