Author Topic: Avast web rep.  (Read 10663 times)

derry

Avast web rep.
« on: March 10, 2011, 04:32:24 PM »
My avast web rep is all gray again. Is everyone else experiencing the same problem? it keeps going in and out i thought this problem was going to be fixed???

rambo1940

Re: Avast web rep.
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2011, 05:08:37 PM »
Yes,me as well
Every day it does the same thing.It really is very unreliable.
Regards.
I have also noticed that it works on some sites but not on others.

Firefox 4.
Windows 7
« Last Edit: March 10, 2011, 05:27:27 PM by rambo1940 »

Offline firzen771

• Avast Evangelist
  • Poster
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2011, 05:28:03 PM »
yep not working for me either...
Windows 7 x64 / Windows Firewall OFF / UAC OFF
Real-Time: Avast Internet Security / WinPatrol

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
  • We are supersheep, resistance is futile!
    • RejZoR's Flock of Sheep
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2011, 06:14:02 PM »
At the mment i don't find WebRep useful at all. Half of the time it's not even working and other half the scores are weird or ther aren't any even though they shoudl be there.
I hope they'll do something about all this.
Visit my webpage Angry Sheep Blog

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2011, 06:19:17 PM »
RejZoR as you well know webrep is a working progress and we've all been told that there are alot of work's going on in the background so everyone is just going to have to be patient.

derry

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2011, 06:31:14 PM »
RejZoR as you well know webrep is a working progress and we've all been told that there are alot of work's going on in the background so everyone is just going to have to be patient.

Ok first off how do you expect users to be patient ??? ??? ??? Avast got released out beta weeks ago and we still have bug issues with web rep. This should have been sorted before it was release. bugs in web rep should have been fixed in beta not final release... >:(

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2011, 06:46:50 PM »

Ok first off how do you expect users to be patient ??? ??? ??? Avast got released out beta weeks ago and we still have bug issues with web rep. This should have been sorted before it was release. bugs in web rep should have been fixed in beta not final release... >:(
The webrep needs alot of time before it is truely stable as there have been alot of updating to the server's which is why it appear's to not work alot of the time plus they need to build up there data base for webrep and the only way to do that is get people using it, if your to impatient to wait just uninstall the webrep and if avast had of held off the release of the new version just because the webrep wasn't ready all you people would be complaining about not having a new release to fix the problems with the earlyer version.
You can never please some people  ::)