Author Topic: To skin or not to skin ?  (Read 21148 times)

S.Z.Craftec

To skin or not to skin ?
« on: June 14, 2004, 09:46:22 PM »
This is my newest one...

Anyone wants to wear this skin on his/her avast! ?

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
  • We are supersheep, resistance is futile!
    • RejZoR's Flock of Sheep
Re:To skin or not to skin ?
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2004, 09:57:17 PM »
Dude it kicks you know what :) I like the design :) Will it be named Bionic ? ;) My suggestion is: "Skin it"!

EDIT:
Maybe you should move disk/optical drive/folder selection buttons in vertical line as iAVS/Chest/Standard Shield buttons so they look a bit more ordered. Otherwise incredible skin :)
« Last Edit: June 14, 2004, 09:59:57 PM by RejZoR »
Visit my webpage Angry Sheep Blog

Offline .: Mac :.

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2004, 10:05:56 PM »
very nice. when will it be published ;D
"People who are really serious about software should make their own hardware." - Alan Kay

KezzerDrix

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2004, 10:09:29 PM »
sweet! I like! will be fun to check out!

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2004, 10:47:40 PM »
Maybe you should move disk/optical drive/folder selection buttons in vertical line as iAVS/Chest/Standard Shield buttons so they look a bit more ordered. Otherwise incredible skin :)

hmmm... I don't know, that was my first version, but I didn't like it... You see, those three buttons (local disk, removable media and folder selection) behave little bit different than first three buttons, so I wanted to separate them a little... and I like that good looking shadow under local disk button, on yellow area... It's a Bionic skin, chemical skin - there shouldn't be order...  ;D

How about this one ? People help me which one do you wanna see on your desktop ?

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2004, 11:19:47 PM »
I have always liked a little order in my life, I prefer the first option, but it's a close run thing.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2004, 12:39:54 AM »
Yeah, I know... I really like first one much better... It looks much more Bionic...  ;D

P.S. Thanks for HELP button advice DavidR, I'll see what I can do...

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2004, 12:44:51 AM »
OK, this is update... DavidR asked me if I can make HELP button "?" little bigger and more noticeable, 'cause many new users feel lost and they can't find some basic help just because HELP button is kinda hidden. They ask those questions in forums, but if we can answer those simple questions immediately just by making larger QUESTIONMARK sign, why not to do that...

Here is my answer for this skin...

shgoh

« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2004, 07:56:27 AM »
this is cool!!! ;D

rloschmann

« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2004, 08:56:59 AM »
Great piece of art Sasha ! Congratulations !!!
Between the 2 skins i think i prefere the second because the functions are grouped more logically. And for even more clarity, i would place the a-ball, the chest and the update on upper center panel to keep only on-demand scanning functions on a separate panel. Also, the "Menu" item should be more noticeable. For the 3 little icons on the upper right, i prefere the first version but perhaps with a green hallow (as the play and stop buttons).

Thanx for this skin, this is the one i was talking about in a previous post (i don't remember the thread).  ;D

trigger

« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2004, 11:32:51 AM »
Mine, mine, mine, mine, mine, mine (mimmicing greedy albatrosses from finding nemo)

Peter

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
  • We are supersheep, resistance is futile!
    • RejZoR's Flock of Sheep
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2004, 12:32:33 PM »
Mine, mine, mine, mine, mine, mine (mimmicing greedy albatrosses from finding nemo)

Peter

Hahahaha lol i agree :D
Visit my webpage Angry Sheep Blog

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2004, 01:03:36 PM »
OK, this is update... DavidR asked me if I can make HELP button "?" little bigger and more noticeable, 'cause many new users feel lost and they can't find some basic help just because HELP button is kinda hidden. They ask those questions in forums, but if we can answer those simple questions immediately just by making larger QUESTIONMARK sign, why not to do that...

Here is my answer for this skin...

That looks much better and does draw the eye, great work.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2004, 03:41:19 PM »
I'd rather the early first one  ;)
The best things in life are free.

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2004, 11:16:28 PM »
Great piece of art Sasha ! Congratulations !!!
Between the 2 skins i think i prefere the second because the functions are grouped more logically. And for even more clarity, i would place the a-ball, the chest and the update on upper center panel to keep only on-demand scanning functions on a separate panel. Also, the "Menu" item should be more noticeable.

Something like this in attachment ? It's already done, and I sent it to Vlk. This is the version you'll find in skins download section... Resident scanner button (circle with "a" in it) is different than the others just because I wanted to show you second button state (mouse over)... animations are so smooth and button transitions also...

Le Doc also wrote:
For the 3 little icons on the upper right, i prefere the first version but perhaps with a green hallow (as the play and stop buttons).

Sorry, but those 3 buttons (help, minimize, close) were so ugly and unnoticeable in the first version. I've got few complains that it would be much better if at least help button is more visible... we must think of new avast! users. So, I made new version and I think this one is final...

Sasha
« Last Edit: June 15, 2004, 11:18:55 PM by S.Z.Craftec »