Author Topic: help with tough installation  (Read 4325 times)

The Stroumpf

help with tough installation
« on: September 17, 2003, 03:40:31 PM »
Hi folks,

is there anyone out there, who has a similar configuration running? I can't get avast to check my emails:

Mailprogram The Bat v2 goes to
POPfile 0.19.1 goes to either
  the Mailserver or
  YahooPOPs and from there to the Mailserver.

If someone has the same and is willing to help me, I can provide all the details, like port numbers and so on.

Help would be appreciated
Jürgen

Offline vojtech

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
    • ALWIL Software
Re:help with tough installation
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2003, 04:42:08 PM »
It is similar to this: http://www.avast.com/forum/index.php?board=2;action=display;threadid=1177

1) the same
2) Set this port in Bat user interface
3) append #127.0.0.1:PORT to your username (PORT is the port number where POPFile listens)

The Bat will then go to avast and so on.

The Stroumpf

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2003, 07:03:32 PM »
 :D thanks, that has done the trick, I even got it to work with POPFile AND YahooPOPs in the same go :-)

The Stroumpf

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2003, 09:17:09 AM »
hmmmm, now that the incoming mail stuff works, how do I set up the outgoing mail? avast is complaining it cannot acces the port 25. I changed the smtp port in The Bat to 28, and added the following line to the avast4.ini:
SmtpListen=127.0.0.1:28

in The Bat, I also am using RFC2554 authentication, and I appended #smtpservername at the USERNAME. Was that correct? It's not working, I get an error message 'could not connect to server' in TB.

Offline vojtech

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
    • ALWIL Software
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2003, 01:26:07 PM »
hmmmm, now that the incoming mail stuff works, how do I set up the outgoing mail? avast is complaining it cannot acces the port 25. I changed the smtp port in The Bat to 28, and added the following line to the avast4.ini:
SmtpListen=127.0.0.1:28

Did you change SMTP server in Bat to 127.0.0.1 ?

in The Bat, I also am using RFC2554 authentication, and I appended #smtpservername at the USERNAME. Was that correct? It's not working, I get an error message 'could not connect to server' in TB.

It's OK, but you should also insert this line to avast4.ini
UseDefaultSmtp=0