Author Topic: avast just installed have question  (Read 4838 times)

tar

avast just installed have question
« on: September 21, 2003, 01:10:45 AM »
The avast icon is grey not blue.  Does this mean it is wating for something,  How do I get it to turn blue.  the program works fine and scans okay. ;)

techie101

Re:avast just installed have question
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2003, 03:25:02 AM »
tar,

It needs to go see the icon doctor......
 ;D

This sometimes happens when your monitor is set to other than 256 color standard.  Try changing the color setting in the monitor if it really bothers you.  I have my W98 showing a greyish color while my XP is true blue.
As long as all the functions appear normal, than it is not a concern for worry.

Disable the Resident Protection and see if an x appears across the icon.  This would indicate that you have stopped the Resident Protection, but more than that, indicates that things are as they should be.

Enjoy Avast.
 :D

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2003, 10:07:00 AM »
Also, please check the list of resident providers (by double-clicking the avast tray icon and selecting "Details...>>". Is the "Standard Shield" in the list (with the Superman-style icon)?
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.

chips

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2003, 03:26:12 PM »
I think there's no problem here, if the avast icon is there, it's good.
In some way you can see the avast icon as grey, for example, it's different from the the blue taskbar of windows xp.

techie101

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2003, 04:21:33 PM »
As VLK has mentioned....if the providers appear to act normally, then I would not worry.
It appears to only be color-shading.
There should be a difference in color between the Windows taskbar blue and the Avast ball.  If they matched exactly....you wouldn't see the ball at all! hahaha ;D

Have fun
 :)

Walker

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2003, 06:50:19 PM »
On my Win XP the colour changes from blue when Avast is operating normally and turns grey when it is shut down ie 'no protection'. Or to be more precise, it used to with older version, don't know about the newest... haven't seen it lately. But I thought this was documented!.