Author Topic: Problem when inserting footnotes  (Read 4668 times)

Emdis

Problem when inserting footnotes
« on: January 25, 2004, 05:09:19 PM »
Hi All,

I have a weird problem when I check the "insert note into clean messages" function to send an email with attachements.
When I check the email I sent, the body is always empyt, the signature is ok and the attachments too.
By the way I'm using Pocomail email client. I know that you guys don't know exactly how Pocomail runs but I would like to know if you have already encouter this problem.

Maybe you have a clue about this  :-\

Maybe it will help you but there is something that I can't understand (I have made these tests with The bat too to make sure it was not a Pocomail bug). If I send a message (with footnotes) through Avast without attachment, the email received is ok (no problem) BUT if I send the same message with attachments I received the message with the footnotes as an attachment ? (so the email received has two attachments)

Thanks in advance.

Culpeper

Re:Problem when inserting footnotes
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2004, 10:01:30 PM »
Disable scanning outgoing mail and see if the problem persists or not.  Keep us posted.

Emdis

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2004, 12:59:17 AM »
Ok,

I've done Culpeper asked me and here are the results:

* With the bat
The message received has no footnotes, the file attached is ok, the body is ok too.

* With Pocomail
The body is still empty :(
The file attached is ok.
no footnotes

Hope it will help ...

Culpeper

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2004, 01:13:55 AM »
Are these "forward" sent emails or new sent emails you having problem with?

Emdis

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2004, 02:01:43 PM »
I've got this problem with new sent emails.

Culpeper

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2004, 03:37:30 PM »
Okay, well looks like you narrowed it down to Avast and PocoMail.  Be sure and let the Alwil Team know what OS you are using and so forth.

Emdis

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2004, 08:22:51 PM »
There is something that I'm missing I think ...

I mean when you send a html message with The Bat, you get 2 messages the plain text and the html versions (you can read the hml version with your favorite browser). There is something weird because the html version is empty (0 byte)
Here is what I get
3 files
* My file attached
* Part.txt (0 byte)
* Message.html (0 byte)

In the Text tab, The message is ok no pb (nothing missing) but the others are empty .... :(