Author Topic: error 10048  (Read 3260 times)

highbury

error 10048
« on: April 26, 2004, 11:14:01 PM »
Can anyone tell me how to configure avast if getting the error 10048 - port 25 already in use?

In use, by what? & how can i configure?

cheers ;D ;D

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re:error 10048
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2004, 05:21:34 AM »
Can anyone tell me how to configure avast if getting the error 10048 - port 25 already in use?

In use, by what? & how can i configure?

cheers ;D ;D

You can try TCPView to discover: TCPView is a Windows program that will show you detailed listings of all TCP and UDP endpoints on your system, including the owning process name, remote address and state of TCP connections. TCPView provides a conveniently presented subset of the Netstat program that ships with Windows NT/2000/XP.

When you start TCPView it will enumerate all active TCP and UDP endpoints, resolving all IP addresses to their domain name versions. You can use a toolbar button or menu item to toggle the display of resolved names. On Windows NT, 2000 and XP systems TCPView shows the name of the process that owns each endpoint.

By default, TCPView updates every second, but you can use the View|Update Speed menu item to change the rate. Endpoints that change state from one update to the next are highlighted in yellow; those that are deleted are shown in red, and new endpoints are shown in green.

You can close established TCP/IP connections (those labeled with a state of ESTABLISHED) by selecting File|Close Connections, or by right-clicking on a connection and choosing Close Connections from the resulting context menu.

Please visit http://www.sysinternals.com to obtain the latest version.

After that, we can know which application is blocking the port 25 and how to correct this...
The best things in life are free.

highbury

Re:error 10048
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2004, 02:18:44 PM »
inetinfo.exe was using port 25. This has now been resolved by disabling/uninstalling IIS.

Thanks ;D ;D