Author Topic: Scheduling an automatic scan  (Read 3795 times)

zarbatad

Scheduling an automatic scan
« on: May 15, 2004, 06:08:38 PM »
Hello, I'm new to Avast and have a question.  I want to set up an automatic scan to run daily at 3am.
I run XP Professional. I have already set it up in "scheduled tasks" (found in my "control panel").  It shows that the program started when it was supposed to, which is great. However, when I open Avast, the date of last scan shown is the date when I last did a manual scan, as if my scheduled 3am scan never happened.  Could it be that my scheduled task just opens the program, and then doesn't run the scan? In my scheduled task, the "run" line shows this:

C:\PROGRA~1\ALWILS~1\Avast4\ashAvast.exe

Can someone here please explain in detail what I have to do to make this work, and also, if a virus is found, how to set it up to automatically delete infected files?

Thank you in advance!
Dan

shgoh

Re:Scheduling an automatic scan
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2004, 06:41:24 PM »
are you using the home version?...home version does not have this function...only the pro has it...

however you can do it by reading this thread..

http://forum.avast.com/index.php?board=2;action=display;threadid=3796;start=msg27268#msg27268

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re:Scheduling an automatic scan
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2004, 01:14:38 AM »
Can someone here please explain in detail what I have to do to make this work?

The correct link is: C:\PROGRA~1\ALWILS~1\Avast4\ashQuick.exe

and also, if a virus is found, how to set it up to automatically delete infected files?

Only in Pro version you can automate this...
In Home version, choose 'Silent action' and default answer 'No': this will automatically send the infected file to Chest. It's not possible to choose other answer in Home version.

Hope this help.
The best things in life are free.