Author Topic: win32.trojan-gen {VC}  (Read 9470 times)

adamm

win32.trojan-gen {VC}
« on: March 27, 2004, 03:26:22 AM »
i run avast and it says it deletes these files but then a few days later ill run avast again and get the same ones. im in an apartment and 4 computers are connected to a hub so could it be one of thier computers thats is infected and keeps giving it to me?
i used to DL from kazza but dont anymore, once i stoped DLing from kazza i formated my pc the HP way(there to cheap to give you windows disc so if you press shift f10 at windows load screen you get a reinstall windows option) so there format lets you delete all files on your computer and restore the factory shiped software. but when i do a properties on a system file it says it was created back in 2001 when i got the pc. so

i use suprnova.org to DL tings but only 2 movies. i dont open email, i play cs and UO.
so i dont know how else im getting this virus or is avast not fully killing it off?

thanks

k9

Re:win32.trojan-gen {VC}
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2004, 04:07:36 AM »
yikes, My 1st scan I have the same exact thing coming up, went through the motions, thought it was gone, but nope...will try messing with my puter in safe mode after I disable system restore (Windows-ME) and see if I can get any results. I checked Symantec and couldnt find anything there, did you find any info on this trojan?

adamm

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2004, 10:53:08 PM »
i dont know what it is or what it does, it doesnt "seem" to slow my pc down, unlike a worm i got that made little files that looked like open envolopes. my pc dosnt crash, freeze or anyhting, it runs perfectly fine, but its a virus so i dont like it.

it made a file called pug.exe and restore_2394803fj238ty2380rn23f0823r8hj234d.exe (someting like that)  

natssan

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2004, 01:45:03 AM »
 :-[

I too have this Wind32.Trojan-gen. It just showed up today. I can't get rid of it and I didn't find anything about it on Symantec either.

Anyone have any suggestions?

whocares

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2004, 01:06:13 PM »
Hi,

the advice is as always
enter:
trojan-gen
into the board search above, and read the found postings on it. Follow the advice there..

especially helpful:
- Delete trojans in safe Mode
- disable RESTORE
- scan/fix with Spybot, Ad-Aware; scan with Trend, RAV, KAV and either report the exact findings here (trojan-name and location), or look for info on the respective av-info sites or on VGREP below
 ;)

Nikita

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2004, 07:47:29 AM »
How do you get to be in safe mode?

mennikatz

« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2004, 11:42:30 PM »
After installing Avast! and running boot scan I got the report of a file in System Restore infected with Win 32: Trojan-gen and I instructed the file to be deleted. The result was the disappearance of my Kerio firewall! Some Kerio files remained, but the actual firewall program had vanished! I had to uninstall the remaining bits of Kerio and reinstall the firewall. I suspect this Trojan-gen thing is not an actual infection - I was previously using AVG and that didn't report it, neither did Norton when I had that installed. I am careful about security, use Spybot S&D as well and I don't download anything that might be remotely dodgy and I don't use IM.  I intend to forget about it unless it is proved to be something to worry about.

whocares

« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2004, 09:05:51 AM »
Hi,

does avast still show a trojan-gen alert in your kerio files now ?
where exactly (full path/folder/filename) ?

if no other scanners (Trend, KAV,RAV ..) find anything wrong with it, please send it in to    virus (at) asw (dot) cz
with a link to this posting

;)