Author Topic: Some features of Avast! Firewall can not use  (Read 4164 times)

anhminhs

Some features of Avast! Firewall can not use
« on: July 05, 2012, 05:18:54 AM »
After I updated the latest version of Avast! IS, I can't use Firewall Application Rules feature. I try blocking all connection of Chrome.exe but I still can surf webs. I also tried blocking another applications as blocking Tune-up Utilities update,... but Firewall Application Rules didn't work.

While I prepare for this topic, I tried blocking Chrome.exe twice and I changed Avast! Language from Vietnamese to English and English to Vietnamese. But after  Avast! Language change, I can't explore cccc group for remove the rules. I think new Avast! IS version have a problem or more, Avast! developer should check that feature as soon as possible.
  On another hand, only about 2 days, Avast! was udated to 2 new version. At frist time, Avast shew pop-up that Avast had a new version, then I updated Avast and restarted my computer when update wizard succeed. Avast shew the information of new version. After that, I used my computer unusual.
  The last once is after I turned on my computer, Avast also shew a information that Avast was update a new version but when I turned on Avast interface, in Avast! Sumary, it shew the current version was out of date, then I updated a new version second time.
  Avast didn't use to be like that.  I think there is a problem. I don't know what problem but I feel it isn't unusual. And I'm not sure about security in that new version. Please check it as soon as possible.
Thank you.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2012, 05:24:50 AM by anhminhs »

SafeSurf

Re: Some features of Avast! Firewall can not use
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2012, 10:24:01 AM »
You can try doing an Avast Repair to see if this fixes your issue:
XP Users:
- Go to Control Panel > Add/Remove programs > Avast Antivirus.
- Scroll down and choose Repair function in the pop-up window.
- Reboot.

Vista & Win7 Users:
-   Control Panel
-   Programs & Features
-   Uninstall a Program > Select Avast Antivirus
-   Click the Change/Remove button and scroll down to Repair
-   Click Next and follow.
-   Reboot.

If this does not fix the issue, then I suggest that you uninstall and do a clean install of Avast IS:

1. Save a copy of Avast and save it to your HDD:
Version 7.0.1456:           
Avast IS:   http://files.avast.com/iavs5x/avast_internet_security_setup.exe
2. Download the Avast Uninstall Utility http://www.avast.com/uninstall-utility and save it to your HDD (put it on your desktop to find it easier). 
3. Disconnect from the Internet at this time.
4. Go into Safe Mode (hit F8 repeatedly) and run the Avast Uninstall Tool. Uninstall ALL previous versions and products of Avast you had on this machine and reboot in between each uninstall
6. Reboot.
7. Install the newest version of Avast and reboot.
8. Get Internet access and register your copy or add the license key for AIS online.
9. Update the Avast definitions.

Let us know if this fixes your problem.  Thank you.

anhminhs

Re: Some features of Avast! Firewall can not use
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2012, 12:01:23 PM »
  Thank you for your reply, I have repaired my avast! by re-installing avast!.
  Thank you very much.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2012, 12:03:40 PM by anhminhs »

SafeSurf

[RESOLVED] Some features of Avast! Firewall can not use
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2012, 12:16:10 PM »
You are welcome.  :D  I'm glad everything is working well for you.  Come back any time.