Author Topic: AMS Beta 2.0.2560 Anti Theft stealth mode not working?  (Read 5223 times)

Gibraltar

AMS Beta 2.0.2560 Anti Theft stealth mode not working?
« on: July 19, 2012, 09:20:08 PM »
Hi,

I'm trying out the latest beta.
The stealth option does not seem to be working. The process name is in plain view for any one to see it. Is it not working in the beta or have I forgot to configure something?

Android 2.3.6, update from last version on Google Play to beta.

As far as I can tell Avast My account is just great. Being able to use a web interface to interact with the phone is really cool.
Great job you guys, congrats, :)

Offline Filip Havlicek

• Massive Poster
Re: AMS Beta 2.0.2560 Anti Theft stealth mode not working?
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2012, 08:59:38 AM »
Hi,

that's probably a misunderstanding :). Let's say you name your Anti-Theft app "Milky Way". Then you shouldn't see "Milky Way" in your app drawer (the app list you usually launch apps from). You may see "Milky Way" in currently running apps if you interacted with it lately (will disappear after a while of inactivity). You will see "Milky Way" in a list of apps in your device Settings (the place you go to uninstall stuff).

Now in the beta, "Milky Way" = "avast! Anti-Theft", always (because you have to download APK provided by us here on the forum and we chose that name).

Filip

Gibraltar

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2012, 03:07:07 PM »
Soooo, am I to understand that the stealth option is not working in the beta, right? I can only see the process avast Anti-Theaft and no way to rename it.
Just to clear this for me and not keep woring about it, at least until RTM.

Thanks

reinhardholzner

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2012, 03:49:38 PM »
You are right, stealth mode not working for now. after beta you'll have to reinstall using the public version and choosing a name.

Gibraltar

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2012, 05:37:17 PM »
Ok, thanks for the info. Will not worry with it while still using the beta.