Author Topic: Excluding Programs  (Read 13890 times)

REDACTED

Excluding Programs
« on: July 21, 2012, 09:38:56 AM »
Hi there i am a newby how do i exclude online armor from Avast Anti virus when i install Avast with online armor already installed, my computer becomes extremely slow, i do not want to uninstall Online Armor

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
Re: Excluding Programs
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2012, 09:40:11 AM »
A forum search might help... ;)
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

SafeSurf

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2012, 11:38:41 AM »
Perhaps I can help you.  Since you have Avast installed on your machine now, once OA goes through the first step and before the second step where it requires you to reboot...add the exclusion to Avast.  OA will want you to reboot the machine and will then go into Learning Mode for 2 minutes (don't touch your machine during this time).  After this time, add the exclusion listed below for Avast in OA.  Reboot.  Then make any other changes if you want to OA on the third reboot.

The best way to exclude both OA and Avast is the following:

To exclude OA in Avast:

·   Settings > Exclusions > Add > search for Online Armor and click on the box to the left of it and add it, then click OK.
·   File System Shields > Expert Settings > Trusted Processes > Add > search for Online Armor and click on the box to the left of it and add it, then click OK.
·   Behavior Shield > Expert Settings > Trusted Processes > Add > search for Online Armor and click on the box to the left of it and add it, then click OK.  Also change action to take in Behavior Shield to “Ask.”

To exclude Avast in OA:

·   Open the OA GUI > Options > Exclusions > Add > click on the pop-up window and find C:\Program Files\Avast Software\.
·   When you reboot OA (to go into Learning Mode), make sure ALL Avast shields are left on.
·   Reboot your machine again; OA requires two boots.  After this second reboot, you may get a pop-up asking you if you trust Avast.  Answer the pop-up as "Trust Always" and "Remember My Decision" and you should not get any more pop-ups. 
·   Open the OA GUI > Programs > untick "Hide Trusted" so that you can see everything > look to make sure everything from Avast is not "blocked" (red) or "ask" (yellow).  If it is, right-click the item and change it to "Trust."  Reboot.

·   Open the OA GUI > Options > Backup/Restore > Save your settings once you have everything the way you want it.

Let me know if you have any questions.  I use both software and am very familiar with both. 

SafeSurf

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2012, 01:04:49 PM »
Did adding the exclusions as I mentioned above resolve your problems?