Thanks for the reply
IIRC, when I upgraded our clients from Avast Pro to BP and installed the BP Admin console there was a default scan setting of a daily quick scan and a weekly full scan. I disabled these on our slowest PCs as the end users could not use them well enough whilst the scans were taking place. In the end enough users complained that their PCs slowed down that I then disabled all scans.
When I installed BP on the clients it said there was a program upgrade (I think from 6.xxx to 7.xxx) but if I asked it to update it said there wasn't. Looking on here it said this was a bug in the program and not to worry about it. Then after a couple of months I started to notice that the clients were updating themselves, and showing that they were not BP anymore but EPS. Before I had a chance to realise what was happening all our clients were running EPS and the BP Admin console now had no control over them. Not only that but the EPS had activated these dormant scan settings. So I was not able to disable the scans anymore.
I uninstalled BP admin console and installed AEA hoping that all the EPS clients would see the AEA and the other way round, but they did not. I rolled out EPS from the new AEA console and this appeared to over write the existing client EPS so the AEA could see it. The unwanted scan settings remained.
If I uninstall EPS and delete all the left over folders in Program files and Program Data (Win 7) and then install EPS from AEA then the previous scan settings are removed and not carried over.
The custom ini fix I reported earlier does not appear to work on all clients. Some have the quick scan schedule disabled, others have the weekly scan disable, or the other way round after EPS is installed from AEA over the EPS that is already installed (maybe I am not waiting long enough for the settings to take effect). So I am now rolling out EPS and manually disabling what the custom ini won't do just in case it doesn't remove the scheduled scan for some reason . This is way more work than I had hoped I had to do, especially after everything was running along nicely with BP. It takes longer to uninstall EPS than to over write it and change the settings manually so I am sticking with doing it that way at the moment.