Hi cadence, welcome to the forum.
To make cleaning this machine easier
- Please do not uninstall/install any programs unless asked to
It is more difficult when files/programs are appearing in/disappearing from the logs.
- Please do not run any scans other than those requested
- Please follow all instructions in the order posted
- All logs/reports, etc.. must be posted in Notepad. Please ensure that word wrap is unchecked. In notepad click format, uncheck word wrap if it is checked.
- Do not attach any logs/reports, etc.. unless specifically requested to do so.
- If you have problems with or do not understand the instructions, Please ask before continuing.
- Please stay with this thread until given the All Clear. A absence of symptoms does not mean a clean machine.
There are quite a few services missing. We'll worry about them after we get this cleaned up a bit.
from one of these locations:Link 1* IMPORTANT !!! Save ComboFix.exe to your Desktop
- Disable your AntiVirus and AntiSpyware applications, usually via a right click on the System Tray icon. They may otherwise interfere with our tools. Note: If you are having difficulty properly disabling your protective programs, or are unsure as to what programs need to be disabled, please refer to the information available through this link : How to Disable your Security Programs
- Right click on ComboFix.exe, click Run as Administrator & follow the prompts.
When finished, it shall produce a log for you. Please include the C:\ComboFix.txt
in your next reply.Notes:
1.Do not mouse-click Combofix's window while it is running. That may cause it to stall.
2. ComboFix may reset a number of Internet Explorer's settings, including making I-E the default browser.
3. If after running combofix you recieve an message "Illegal operation attempted on a registery key that has been marked for deletion" or similar reboot the computer.
4. CF disconnects your machine from the internet. The connection is automatically restored before CF completes its run. If CF runs into difficulty and terminates prematurely, the connection can be manually restored by restarting your machine.
Please post back with the combofix log.