Other > Viruses and worms
HTML:iframe-inf infection
<< < (5/11) > >>
CAS159:

--- Quote from: essexboy on August 23, 2012, 07:17:31 PM ---On the second image where it asks to install the recovery console click yes

--- End quote ---

essexboy:

My system went into standby mode and I could not reboot into windows and put me into setup recovery.  I rebooted and found the CMOS Bios was changed.  The Primary Master [WDC WD3200JB-00KFA0] and Primary Slave [WDC WD1600JB-00GVA0] were disabled. the second boot device was changed from WD1600JB to WD3200JB, and system clock was set to 2001.
I re-initiated:
Security Settings
      Supervisor Password :       Installed
      User Password          :            Not Installed
      User Access Level                [No Access]
      Password Check                      [Always]
      Boot Sector Virus Protection [Enabled] 

I going to make a lunch and go to work.
essexboy:
Could you check out the CMOS battery as those are classic symptoms of it failing
CAS159:
I would check the CMOS battery if it wasn't that this only happens when the System Bios is disrupted when I lower the Boot Sector Virus Protection, Supervisor Password, and the User Access Level.  If it keeps happening after the Recovery console, CMOS, and the USB Drive is cleaned I will.  For now, what is the next step?  I think I need a command to check the Recovery console and Setup files on the hard drive?  But your in charge you tell me.  When I installed the recovery console I am not sure if it was updated or not from MS.  Is ComboFix going to find the recovery console or do I drag the XP on to ComboFix?  I've been looking for answers online to check the status of the Setup Files and Recovery Console with only 2 results dead end.
essexboy:
The quickest check would be to re-run Combofix as it uses the recovery console files

Also to to check the system files I would need first to know if you have an XP cd
CAS159:

--- Quote from: essexboy on August 24, 2012, 04:41:08 PM ---The quickest check would be to re-run Combofix as it uses the recovery console files

Also to to check the system files I would need first to know if you have an XP cd

--- End quote ---

Yes I do have the XP CD but it is outdated.  When I ran d:\i386\winnt32.exe /cmdcons I got that message to update.
Alright I'm going to shut down, lower the security setting for Bios and run the ComboFix .
Navigation
Message Index
Next page
Previous page

Go to full version