Other > Viruses and worms

Happili Trojan: Need Assistance With Complete Removal

<< < (5/8) > >>

WonderMomma:
Ok, here are the TDSSKiller log and the ComboFix log.  I did drag that CFScript.txt file I created into ComboFix prior to running it.  Please let me know if you need anything else!

Many thanks,
Jenn

PS.  how do i get an avatar under my user my username like you have?  or do you have to be an admin to do that? thanks!

magna86:

--- Quote ---how do i get an avatar under my user my username like you have?  or do you have to be an admin to do that? thanks!
--- End quote ---

You need to have more than 20 posts on forum.  ;)

It is necessary to uninstall ComboFix :
[*] Click Start (or ) then Run.

On Windows7 or Vista you may use Start Search field if Run is not available.

[*] In the line of text type in (Copy) the following:

[/list]
--- Code: ---ComboFix /Uninstall
--- End code ---
Note that there is a space between " ComboFix " and " /Uninstall " .

[*] then click OK (or press Enter ). [/list]

Wait for the uninstall process is complete.

> Logs now looks good and clean. How's your computer running now? Any malware detections?

WonderMomma:
Ok thank you!  I came across the same issue with avast being enabled while combofix uninstalling.  i couldn't get it to disable again so i went ahead with the uninstall.  it said combofix was successfully removed.

well my computer has been running a tad better today, but not as it should.  its still very hesitant whenever i open apps and/or click links.  i haven't rebooted it either since i turned it on early this morning.  the real test will be when i reboot my machine and see if i can run it in regular mode as opposed to safe/networking.  it would just keep getting stuck on black screen after logging into windows.  i am going to go ahead and run a quick scan in malwarebytes then attempt to reboot into windows normally. :-)

i will be back to this thread either way to let you know how it's going... if malwarebytes finds anything, i'm going to have a good cry... then i will come attach the log (haha).  CROSS YOUR FINGERS (TOES, LEGS, ARMS, EYES) FOR ME!!

then tonight i need to work on getting my linksys g wireless router secured.  it was at once point until i moved to another state.  which is best; WEP or WPA?

MAGNA - THANK YOU FOR EVERYTHING YOU'VE DONE TO HELP ME!!!  YOU'VE BEEN REALLY PATIENT WITH MY INCREDIBLY VERBOSE POSTS!!! THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!

TTYS,
Jenn

PS. thanks for the info re: avatar... i shouldn't have too many more to go!  ;-)

magna86:

--- Quote ---i haven't rebooted it either since i turned it on early this morning.  the real test will be when i reboot my machine and see if i can run it in regular mode as opposed to safe/networking.
--- End quote ---

--- Code: ---x64 NETWORK
--- End code ---
Yes, try to load windows in normal mode one more time.  :D

If it fails, then lets try one more thing:

[*]Download FRST64 to a USB flash drive.
[*]Plug the USB drive into the infected machine.[/list]

Boot your computer into Recovery Environment

[*]Restart the computer and press F8 repeatedly until the Advanced Options Menu appears.
[*]Select Repair your computer.
[*]Select Language and click Next
[*]Enter password (if necessary) and click OK, you should now see the screen below ...[/list]

[*]Select the Command Prompt option.
[*]A command window will open.
[*]Type notepad then hit Enter.
[*]Notepad will open.
[*]Click File > Open then select Computer.
[*]Note down the drive letter for your USB Drive.
[*]Close Notepad.[/list][/list]
[*]Back in the command window ....
[*]Type e:/frst64.exe and hit Enter (where e: is replaced by the drive letter for your USB drive)
[*]FRST will start to run.
[*]When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
[*]Press Scan button.
[*]When finished scanning it will make a log FRST.txt on the flash drive.[/list][/list]
[*]Next
[*]Type Explorer.exe;Services.exe into the Search: field in FRST then click the Search File(s) button.
[*]FRST will search your computer for files and when finished it will produce a log Search.txt on the flash drive.
[*]Exit FRST.[/list]
[*]Close the command window.
[*]Boot back into normal mode and post me the FRST.txt and Search.txt logs please.[/list]

WonderMomma:
Eureka!  I am finally back into normal mode windows! It took a while to load but i'm thinking that after all the things going on in my 'puter for the last few days, I would refrain from throwing the darn thing out of the window.  :-)

It's still running a bit sluggish however, but I think I can do some clean up and take care of that.  Do people ever defrag anymore? I haven't done that in a while.. but just for fun, I think i will do it tonight.  :-D

I went ahead and rebooted before doing the malwarebytes scan and it's running now.  If it finds something... I'LL BE BACK!

Thanks for everything Magna ... you saved me a lot of time and most likely a lot of money and I really really appreciate it.  Your knowledge and expertise is blatantly obvious and if you have a supervisor, boss, or "forum God/Goddess" that you answer to please send me a private message with his/her contact information so that I may tell him/her of how awesome you are.  :-)  (if said super, boss, God or Goddess... should be reading this post right now I think Magna deserves a raise (not even sure if this is his job or he volunteers lol) or at the very least, a nice warm tray of yummy fudgey brownies!) 

Seriously Magna... you were polite, patient, prompt, very knowledgeable and I could actually follow EVERYTHING you told me to do!  This trojan has been THEE absolute worst, most complicated issue I've had to deal with to date; yet, your instructions were clear, concise and easy to follow.  Thanks for making a P.I.T.A. situation a breeze to take care of. 

Cheers,
Jenn

PS.  I just received warning that you had replied before my posting this (see how proactive you are! lol) and I'm sure you'll be happy to see that I am back in Windows normally!  Also, malwarebytes just finished it's quick scan and it looks like I'm in the clear!  I've attached the log file just for "shiggles"  :-D

Just two more questions I have for you and I will try to never bug you again!
1. WEP or WPA security for my Linksys G wireless router?
2. Google Chrome, Internet Explorer or Firefox?

Take care!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version