Author Topic: aswnet.sys causes bsod in windows 8 pro  (Read 26798 times)

benja1

Re: aswnet.sys causes bsod in windows 8 pro
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2012, 09:12:41 AM »
Any news?

NotASwede

« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2012, 06:23:26 PM »
ASWnet.sys memory dump.zip uploaded to the incoming directory...

Not happy with a crashing antivirus...

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2012, 06:53:14 PM »
You may wish to visit this thread http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=107886.msg858781#msg858781 and try the patched driver to see if it helps.

Biigow

« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2012, 08:39:54 PM »
Dump memory of avast sent, together with the notebook, but no dump windows ... = /

jmeyer1980

« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2012, 02:47:52 AM »
Same BSoD on W8 x64.

Uploaded dmp zip: 11042012MINIDUMPYAY

benja1

« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2012, 09:05:46 AM »
My i7 seems working correctly! as long as I have troubles I'll post them here

Offline lukor

• Administrator
  • Super Poster
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2012, 11:31:18 AM »
Same BSoD on W8 x64.

Uploaded dmp zip: 11042012MINIDUMPYAY

Hi Jmeyer, the crash is from the original driver from 1474. Would you, please, try to update to the patched driver, reboot, and post here if it makes any difference for you?

Thanks a lot,

link for the updated driver package: [size=78%]http://public.avast.com/~rypacek/patches/[/size]
Or here: [size=78%]http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=108441.msg858780#msg858780[/size]

Lukas.

canukhed

« Reply #22 on: November 06, 2012, 06:18:07 PM »
Uploaded file canukBSOD_110612.zip.

I just enabled hybernation for the first time after installing Windows 8 RC when it first came out.  The Driver_irql_not_less_or_equal (aswnet.sys) BSOD came just as my system came out of hybernation for the first time.

Maybe related, or not, but worth an investigation.

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #23 on: November 06, 2012, 06:21:30 PM »
Uploaded file canukBSOD_110612.zip.

I just enabled hybernation for the first time after installing Windows 8 RC when it first came out.  The Driver_irql_not_less_or_equal (aswnet.sys) BSOD came just as my system came out of hybernation for the first time.

Maybe related, or not, but worth an investigation.
Have you installed the driver patch from lukor's post prior to your own ?

canukhed

« Reply #24 on: November 06, 2012, 07:07:23 PM »
I was finally able to get the patch installed.  It took two BSOD's later but I also uploaded another zip file canukhed_dumps110612.zip to ftp://ftp.avast.com/incoming/ because the BSOD's came at different scenarios.  I attempted to disable Avast! and the second BSOD came.  After the third BSOD I was finally able to disable Avast! in its menu permanently, then stop its service so I could apply the patch and upload the new dump zip.

Not sure if the patch is working but will let you know.  If I don't report back, then it works.

Thank you.

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #25 on: November 06, 2012, 07:13:18 PM »
I was finally able to get the patch installed.  It took two BSOD's later but I also uploaded another zip file canukhed_dumps110612.zip to ftp://ftp.avast.com/incoming/ because the BSOD's came at different scenarios.  I attempted to disable Avast! and the second BSOD came.  After the third BSOD I was finally able to disable Avast! in its menu permanently, then stop its service so I could apply the patch and upload the new dump zip.

Not sure if the patch is working but will let you know.  If I don't report back, then it works.

Thank you.
Not much use uploading dumps prior to the patch as you had already done the previously ;) you should be fine now with the patch installed as there have been no reports from other users since installing the update.

Offline SugarD-x

• Proud Avast! User
    • Clan Xperience
« Reply #26 on: November 06, 2012, 07:53:26 PM »
After the third BSOD I was finally able to disable Avast! in its menu permanently, then stop its service so I could apply the patch and upload the new dump zip.
You need to restart your computer and re-enable all shields after installing the patch to see if it stops the issue. :)

There's more info in the replies in this topic:
http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=108441.0
~SugarD-x~

Biigow

« Reply #27 on: November 07, 2012, 12:02:09 AM »
I sent the dump system memory, plus the dump avast with the name of my email: biigow.rar, I have problems on the lock screen windows 8 after being blocked, it's BSOD and accuses the file "aswnet.sys" even after applying the patches = / ...
« Last Edit: November 07, 2012, 12:03:44 AM by Biigow »

Offline SugarD-x

• Proud Avast! User
    • Clan Xperience
« Reply #28 on: November 07, 2012, 01:49:10 AM »
I sent the dump system memory, plus the dump avast with the name of my email: biigow.rar, I have problems on the lock screen windows 8 after being blocked, it's BSOD and accuses the file "aswnet.sys" even after applying the patches = / ...
As I mentioned quoting your other reply, you need to apply the patch after updating Avast! to the latest version.
~SugarD-x~

awilbourn

« Reply #29 on: January 03, 2013, 12:22:19 AM »
I have the same problem, just installed Avast Pro (finally decided to upgrade from the free and this is what it gets me??) on Windows 8 x64. Is there any progress? I uploaded files to the FTP server from the Mini Dump.