Author Topic: Windows 8 Media Center crash  (Read 4420 times)

jfg45t10

Windows 8 Media Center crash
« on: November 23, 2012, 04:04:21 PM »
Recently upgraded to Windows 8 (64 bit) and added on the Media Center addition to it. WMC will open, but as soon as I try to access local (on my hard drive) media, it crashes and closes. Turns out that Avast is at fault. If I disable all Avast shields, WMC works flawlessly, but as soon as I enable the shields, the crash happens every time. Any help with this matter will be greatly appreciated.

newbie56

Re: Windows 8 Media Center crash
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2012, 09:24:53 PM »
I had the same problem, you must change the Avast settings to get Windows Media Center to work.

1.  Start the Avast interface page.
2.  On the left side, click "Real Time Shields"
3.  On drop down menu, click "Behavior Shield"
4.  On Behavior Shield page, click "Expert Settings"
5.  On Behavior Shield Settings page, click "Trusted processes"
6.  On the Trusted processes page, browse for the file "C:\Windows\ehome\ehshell.exe" and click "add" and then "OK"

Nesivos

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2012, 09:32:13 PM »
Recently upgraded to Windows 8 (64 bit) and added on the Media Center addition to it. WMC will open, but as soon as I try to access local (on my hard drive) media, it crashes and closes. Turns out that Avast is at fault. If I disable all Avast shields, WMC works flawlessly, but as soon as I enable the shields, the crash happens every time. Any help with this matter will be greatly appreciated.

Just curious.   How much did it cost to get WMC?

newbie56

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2012, 10:59:59 PM »

Nesivos

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2012, 11:40:22 PM »