Author Topic: Avast! Pro 4.6 and Sygate  (Read 3819 times)

salmarcin

Avast! Pro 4.6 and Sygate
« on: February 21, 2005, 09:04:36 PM »
Hello,
I downloaded the new update to Avast! Pro today and now Sygate is blocking avast.setup from accessing the network. And, this keeps happening every 30 seconds or so.

First, my specs:
Win2k
Celeron 2.4 G
1 G RAM
Asus A7V8X-X

I have no problem getting to the Internet on Firefox 1.0; Thunderbird 1.0 working fine.

But, I get a pop-up every 30 seconds from Sygate that I can't get rid of. I read further down in the forum that this new update was going to cause a problem with Sygate. I already had allowed Avast!'s different components to go through the firewall. The pop-ups come so fast, I can't even shut them down fast enough to change anything in Sygate.

Is there any solution for this problem? I should say that I use all parts of Avast! Pro, other than the Outlook Shield, as I am not using Outlook.

Thanks.

sded

Re: Avast! Pro 4.6 and Sygate
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2005, 09:20:12 PM »
Can you right click the Sygate Tray Icon and get to "applications".  Or even "allow all" temporarily, then to "applications".  Setup should appear separately on the application list, so you can right click it and say "allow".  Works for me with 4.6.03 and SPF.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2005, 10:36:01 PM »
But, I get a pop-up every 30 seconds from Sygate that I can't get rid of.
It would be helpful to know what the pop-up is.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

salmarcin

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2005, 02:43:05 AM »
Hi again,
Well, first off, I can't right click on Sygate, as the pop-ups won't allow me to do anything at all with Sygate, even if I have the Sygate control panel open.

Next, the Sygate pop-ups say "avast! antivirus Update (avast.setup) is trying to connect to download12.avast.com[67.19.134.114] using remote port 80 (HTTP-World Wide Web). Do you wantoto allow this program to access the network?
Note: This application was launched by avst! antivirus service (ashServ.exe). If you do not recognize theis program or you do not think it should be able to access the Internet, please click the "no" button to deny network access to this program. "

If I try to click the box to remember my answer and then click "Yes," the pop-ups keep, well, popping up.  If I keep hitting yes, sometimes after a lot of tries, maybe 30 or more, the pop-ups stop. I went into the controls for Sygate and allowed the Avast!setup and ashServ.exe.  But, sometime later, usually while I am gone from my computer, the pop-ups start again. Btw, I have dsl.

Any help you can give would be appreciated.

sded

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2005, 03:14:33 AM »
Uninstall them both and try again.  Assuming you either have a copy or can download a copy to reinstall.