Author Topic: A new virus?  (Read 7832 times)

emniko91

A new virus?
« on: January 28, 2013, 09:59:17 PM »
Hello,
Recently I noticed on the icon on the gpu that the process conms.exe is using it for very short time.At first I used Avira but wasn't pleased with the program but she found that in that file is the virus TR/Kazy.133936 a trojan.When prompted to delete It didn't anything(atleast she blocked it)I heard that avast is better and I installed it but he cant find it.I tried to manually delete the file but turns out there is no such file on the computer(I've showed hidden files and folders).I don't know what to do.I think that this is a very new virus or a very rare one.I searched the internet to see if others have the same problem-found only 2 with the same reactions.I hope that they find I way to stop it,because I want to stick with avast.
Thank you!

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
Re: A new virus?
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2013, 10:09:22 PM »
run a quick scan with malwarebytes    http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=53253.0

post log here

emniko91

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2013, 10:21:03 PM »
Thank you for the quick response first!
Forgot to mention - I already scanned with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware,Microsoft Security Essentials,AVG Free,Avira and Avast,but they didn't find anything.Only Avira blocked the access to the file and when I press to delete the file it is not moved to quarantine and everything starts again.I don't know a lot about viruses but I think that in very short time it does what it does and then its deleting itself, Im saying that because Avira showed me directory of the file but I can't find such directory and file.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2013, 10:23:08 PM by emniko91 »

Offline DJBone

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2013, 10:24:12 PM »
Have you avira uninstalled before installing avast?

DJBone
Win10 x64, APS (always latest version)
Avast Mobile Security (always latest version)

emniko91

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2013, 10:26:26 PM »
Yes,I always have only 1 antivirus at a time.

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2013, 10:27:07 PM »
Only Avira blocked the access to the file
have you considered that the Avira detection may be wrong   ;)

what is the location of the file detected.....full file path   C:\.......?

emniko91

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2013, 10:31:49 PM »
C:\Users\NiK\AppData\Local\Temp\fvdzfnvkd\conms.exe
I don't know if its right or wrong,but avira blocked it and I haven't got problems so I assume she was right.

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2013, 10:34:39 PM »
so located in a temp folder.....

clean your temp folders and it should be gone

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2013, 10:35:03 PM »
You could also check the offending/suspect file at: VirusTotal - Multi engine on-line virus scanner and report the findings here, post the URL in the Address bar of the VT results page.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

emniko91

« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2013, 10:36:09 PM »
You could also check the offending/suspect file at: VirusTotal - Multi engine on-line virus scanner and report the findings here, post the URL in the Address bar of the VT results page.

But I can't find the file-thats part of the problem

emniko91

« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2013, 10:37:56 PM »

You mean to delete the whole folder,everything inside?
Should I close every program first-chrome,skype,steam,utorrent?

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2013, 10:48:43 PM »

I don't know if the C:\Users\NiK\AppData\Local\Temp\ and sub-folders might be hidden, in your OS. If so you would need to use windows explorer, Tools, Folder Options to view hidden files and folders. Then hopefully you should be able to view the C:\Users\NiK\AppData\Local\Temp\fvdzfnvkd\conms.exe file and upload it (unless you had avira remove it ?).
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

emniko91

« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2013, 10:50:47 PM »
Probably nothing finds it because its in the Temp folder-so it's temporally there.
Also for I brief moment I managed to kill the process conms.exe from the proccess manager,then I go to the Temp folder,and most of it was empty-only microsoft 1 or 2 other folders was there.

emniko91

« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2013, 10:51:22 PM »

I don't know if the C:\Users\NiK\AppData\Local\Temp\ and sub-folders might be hidden, in your OS. If so you would need to use windows explorer, Tools, Folder Options to view hidden files and folders. Then hopefully you should be able to view the C:\Users\NiK\AppData\Local\Temp\fvdzfnvkd\conms.exe file and upload it (unless you had avira remove it ?).

I've already showed the hidden files and folders

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2013, 10:53:10 PM »

You mean to delete the whole folder,everything inside?
Should I close every program first-chrome,skype,steam,utorrent?
to clean temp folder you can use

ATF-cleaner   http://majorgeeks.com/ATF_Cleaner_d4949.html
CCleaner       http://www.piriform.com/
TFC-cleaner   http://www.geekstogo.com/forum/files/file/187-tfc-temp-file-cleaner-by-oldtimer/