Author Topic: Anti theft locate and open Wifi - command TIMEOUT - and 3G?  (Read 4911 times)

Stef_mobile

Anti theft locate and open Wifi - command TIMEOUT - and 3G?
« on: January 30, 2013, 10:32:54 AM »
Hi, I have looked for an answer to this since there are many topic about it, but all are slitghtly different, so let me point a clear (I hope) question.

When I send a locate command to the phone (htc one S with JB), it turns on wifi and it collect data about position. Now, if the WIFI is free/open and can send data through it, all works fine, but if the wifi is OPEN BUT needs a password to connect (like many free open wifi in cities, working places, airport etc), it just does not send data back (of course, it cannot do it), although there is a 3G data available. Why not letting the device use 3G if It cannot send data through WiFi?

reinhardholzner

Re: Anti theft locate and open Wifi - command TIMEOUT - and 3G?
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2013, 03:35:26 PM »
wifi should be automatically disabled after querying location...

Stef_mobile

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2013, 06:47:59 PM »
Thank you for your answer. I tried in different situation and in fact it can send the position back to the website. Just occasionally I get time out response, but after many trial in the same situation (open WiFi but password protected), I cant say why it is happening. I'm just happy that the whole thing is working with a nice logic. Thank you

reinhardholzner

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2013, 02:33:06 PM »
you're welcome!

tc1967uk

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2013, 08:48:38 PM »
Sorry, maybe I misunderstand this query, if so, can you please answer me anyway - why not send data using 3G if there is no wifi available?

Alanshtc

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2013, 02:47:17 AM »
Hi i had the same problem found out that Google remove this option from Avast (automaticlly enable GPS) if you go to web site and click on Anti-Theft then Change Settings. The box opens in Basic mode click on Advanced and there you will see an information bubble that states google has removed this, gives you a solution but i have no idea how to install to the root of my phone.
Hope this helps

tc1967uk

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2013, 10:50:00 AM »
I've enabled GPS now my phone is rooted, but I'd like to see you introduce an option of using 3G when WiFi isn't available.

diogomitsuda

« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2013, 11:55:05 PM »
Qual comando ativo meu WIFI do celular?
Preciso urgente :/