Author Topic: avast locked my new phone - help!  (Read 6239 times)

premieji

avast locked my new phone - help!
« on: February 04, 2013, 10:30:45 PM »
I installed avast for my new android smartphone with mobile security and anti theft. I downloaded a few apps and used it for a day, then had to wait for a few weeks for my new sim card to arrive in the post. Shut it down. When I tried to use it today, it asked me for an emergency number. I didn't know what to do. Then it just gave me a blank screen with android written across it. It is totally unresponsive. I have charged the battery but it does not switch on. What can I do?

Sammo

Re: avast locked my new phone - help!
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2013, 10:43:18 PM »
I would try by putting your old sim card back and see if it will bootup. If it does I would uninstall AMS and install  something like Zoner. AMS locks up my phone way too often to make it usable. Thats why I switched to Zoner. Don't get me wrong, I usually love the avast products, Its just the mobile version that I have issues with.

binhvirile

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2013, 05:28:39 AM »
I installed avast for my new android smartphone with mobile security and anti theft. I downloaded a few apps and used it for a day, then had to wait for a few weeks for my new sim card to arrive in the post. Shut it down. When I tried to use it today, it asked me for an emergency number. I didn't know what to do. Then it just gave me a blank screen with android written across it. It is totally unresponsive. I have charged the battery but it does not switch on. What can I do?
Hi,
Did you use any SIM card in your new phone before you insert the SIM card you mention in you post?
According to your description, this is NOT locked by avast. It is usually caused by the phone does not detect the new SIM card and it just gives you the ability to make an emergency number. Now please check this again with a fine-working SIM card, remove the phone battery and insert the battery again.

I would try by putting your old sim card back and see if it will bootup. If it does I would uninstall AMS and install  something like Zoner. AMS locks up my phone way too often to make it usable. Thats why I switched to Zoner. Don't get me wrong, I usually love the avast products, Its just the mobile version that I have issues with.

In which situation avast! locks your phone screen?

Sammo

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2013, 04:49:26 PM »
again.

In which situation avast! locks your phone screen?
See my posts here: http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=114204.0

Maxsteele

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2013, 01:18:48 PM »
I have the same problem. I changed my sim in my new LG to my back-up sim and it locked down my phone. I changed the sim back, but Avast doesn't recognise that the original sim is back in it and still has my phone locked up.

Offline Werner

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2013, 07:52:30 AM »
I changed the sim back, but Avast doesn't recognise that the original sim is back in it and still has my phone locked up.

the app works as it should. The user sets the phone to lock in order to protect his data in case of theft. It would be a quite useless feature if inserting the old sim would unlock the device.

@maxsteele: I sent you an email