Author Topic: NNTP Scanner Problem  (Read 3131 times)

sded

NNTP Scanner Problem
« on: February 24, 2005, 08:34:40 PM »
I use Agent as a newsreader, and almost never deal with binaries.  I decided to download the headers from one of the alt.binary newsgroups, and when I saw how many there were I killed the connection and turned off Agent.  Unfortunately, ashmaisv kept the connection up and continued to download at 512kbps until I discovered it and killed ashmaisv.  I only discovered it because I tried to download some regular headers and got a "too many connections from user" message.   Need to fix the NNTP scanner to recognize that the client has requested that the connection be terminated, and in fact is gone and not receiving the data anymore.

b00sfuk

Re: NNTP Scanner Problem
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2005, 08:51:06 PM »
Search for "NNTP" on recent posts and you will find the fix.

sded

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2005, 09:03:30 PM »
I did a search, but if the answer is there it is too obscure for me.  If you mean the new version of ashmaisv.exe from Vik, didn't help.  Still have to terminate ashmaisv manually to kill the stream.  If you mean something else, I don't recognize it.

sded

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2005, 12:08:47 AM »
OK; looks like the 2/23 update of ashmaisv.exe fixed it.  Problem before was that I unzipped only the .exe, not the .sum into the folder, and so avast! rebooted and put the old file back.  File integrity check?  In any case, all trials so far have killed the connection when I hit "stop" in agent.  Thanks; Ed.