Author Topic: Why dont I get the option to install adblock ?  (Read 2560 times)

Offline Andyonline

• Personal Message (Offline)
Why dont I get the option to install adblock ?
« on: February 24, 2013, 09:34:52 AM »
Says it in the title really. Just done a clean install of Internet Security RC2 and there was definately no option along the install route to install adblocker ????

Any fix appreciated.

Andy
Avast Internet Security (all zones ) - MBAM Pro(real time ) - Winpatrol PLUS - Keyscrambler Premium - Sandboxie(paid) - Cyberghost VPN -  Secunia PSI on demand

Offline miguelgrado

• Poster
  • Infospyware Helper Team
Re: Why dont I get the option to install adblock ?
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2013, 10:40:43 AM »
In the directory C- program files-avast software-avast there is a folder with the name of adbloker that contains the files to install it in the browsers.a executable for i explor,the xpi for firefox (firefox-complement-options-install from file ,and we choose the xpi..for chrome i don't know because I didn't use) http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=115915.0
« Last Edit: February 24, 2013, 10:42:16 AM by miguelgrado »
miguel:CPU:intel core 2 quad q9400 2.7 ghz-ram 8 g ddr3 1333 mhz-grafica nvidia g force 220gt 1 g ram-SO windows 7 pro 64 bits-Internet explorer 10 y firefox latest-Seguridad:avast internet security 9-superantispyware -malwarebytes pro-wot y mcafee siteadvisor live

Offline Andyonline

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2013, 12:20:37 PM »
Thanks fort that, Ive installed and will swee if it works. Cant see any icon in the browser header anywhere though !
Avast Internet Security (all zones ) - MBAM Pro(real time ) - Winpatrol PLUS - Keyscrambler Premium - Sandboxie(paid) - Cyberghost VPN -  Secunia PSI on demand

Offline DavidR

• avast! Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2013, 12:29:46 PM »
Says it in the title really. Just done a clean install of Internet Security RC2 and there was definately no option along the install route to install adblocker ????

Any fix appreciated.

Andy

The Ad blocker option is on the Configuration phase of the install (stage 2), see image. I always elect to do a custom install to ensure I see all options, but this one should be there for either express or custom install. Same place where you would uncheck the Chrome options.

As a side note - Do you have the firefox add-on AdBlockPlus already installed, if so even if you enabled it it wouldn't be installed.
Core2Duo E8300/ 4GB Ram/ WinXP ProSP3/ avast! free 2014 9.0.2018/ Outpost Firewall Pro9.1/ Firefox 28.0, NoScript, RequestPolicy/ MailWasher Pro/ DropMyRights/ MalwareBytes AntiMalware Premium 2.0.1/ WinPatrol+/ Drive Image 7.1/ SnagIt 10.0/ avast! mobile security

Offline miguelgrado

• Poster
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2013, 12:38:33 PM »
in AIS That option does not appear in the installer .i use custom and in no passage appeared
miguel:CPU:intel core 2 quad q9400 2.7 ghz-ram 8 g ddr3 1333 mhz-grafica nvidia g force 220gt 1 g ram-SO windows 7 pro 64 bits-Internet explorer 10 y firefox latest-Seguridad:avast internet security 9-superantispyware -malwarebytes pro-wot y mcafee siteadvisor live

Offline DavidR

• avast! Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2013, 12:40:53 PM »
Weird, did you get a page that gave the option to uncheck the chrome options ?
Core2Duo E8300/ 4GB Ram/ WinXP ProSP3/ avast! free 2014 9.0.2018/ Outpost Firewall Pro9.1/ Firefox 28.0, NoScript, RequestPolicy/ MailWasher Pro/ DropMyRights/ MalwareBytes AntiMalware Premium 2.0.1/ WinPatrol+/ Drive Image 7.1/ SnagIt 10.0/ avast! mobile security

Offline craigb

• avast! Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2013, 01:21:12 PM »
In the directory C- program files-avast software-avast there is a folder with the name of adbloker that contains the files to install it in the browsers
Much simpler to install it via the GUI
Windows 8.1 Pro X64/ IE 11/ Avast 9.0.2018/ MBAM Premium 2.0.2

Offline miguelgrado

• Poster
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2013, 01:46:28 PM »
ok craigb,It is easier.i do not have that option in gui because I do not install webrep ?  :o  that is security plugin?
ok,ok,I've added webrep and now I have that option.  ;D
« Last Edit: February 24, 2013, 02:02:04 PM by miguelgrado »

Offline craigb

• avast! Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2013, 02:15:52 PM »
ok craigb,It is easier.i do not have that option in gui because I do not install webrep ?  :o  that is security plugin?
ok,ok,I've added webrep and now I have that option.  ;D
If you want the Phishing protection you need to install the security plugin, you can still uninstall WebRep separately without affecting Phishing or AdBlocker

Offline miguelgrado

• Poster
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2013, 02:26:55 PM »
ok,I did not understand that configuration  ;) thank you

Offline craigb

• avast! Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2013, 02:34:10 PM »
ok,I did not understand that configuration  ;) thank you
your welcome :)

Offline bob3160

• avast! Überevangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • 53 Years of Happiness
    • bob3160 Protecting Yourself, Your Computer and, Your Identity
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2013, 05:03:54 PM »
Says it in the title really. Just done a clean install of Internet Security RC2 and there was definately no option along the install route to install adblocker ??? ?

Any fix appreciated.

Andy
The following shows you an alternate way to install the AdBlocker function in the Chrome browser:
http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=115929.0
« Last Edit: February 24, 2013, 06:54:58 PM by bob3160 »
Free avast! Security Seminar: http://www.authorstream.com/Presentation/bob3160-1425909-protecting-yourself/    -  Important: http://www.organdonor.gov/
My Blog: http://bob3160.blogspot.com/ - Win 8.1 Pro 64bit, 4 Gig Ram, avast!2014.9.0.2015 Free, MBAM, WinPatrol -- How to Successfully Install avast! http://goo.gl/VLXde
                     - It's nice to be Important. - It's more important to be Nice. -

Offline Andyonline

« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2013, 05:08:46 PM »

Any fix appreciated.

Andy

The Ad blocker option is on the Configuration phase of the install (stage 2), see image. I always elect to do a custom install to ensure I see all options, but this one should be there for either express or custom install. Same place where you would uncheck the Chrome options.

As a side note - Do you have the firefox add-on AdBlockPlus already installed, if so even if you enabled it it wouldn't be installed.

Adblocker may be on the free install setup but definately was not when i did it today using the express option in AIS. I have though seen it when I have installed previous Beta versions.

I dont use Firefox - no particular reason, just found things ok with IE and Chrome
« Last Edit: February 24, 2013, 05:17:38 PM by Andyonline »

Offline Andyonline

« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2013, 05:11:26 PM »
In the directory C- program files-avast software-avast there is a folder with the name of adbloker that contains the files to install it in the browsers
Much simpler to install it via the GUI

Yes I had that in my GUI but it wasnt showing as an add-on in IE for some reason. I have installed from C/Avast and it seems to be working but no icon or anything in the IE9 browser???

Offline Andyonline

« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2013, 05:13:00 PM »
in AIS That option does not appear in the installer .i use custom and in no passage appeared

Phew, I was beginning to think it was only me that couldnt see it

Google Chrome

AVAST recommends using the FREE Google Chrome™ browser.

Download Google Chrome Now