Author Topic: Install of Avast Internet Security 8 on other computers - How  (Read 3792 times)

mbf001

Recently upgraded to version 8 which says it can be installed on up to 5 other pcs in my home.
Downloaded it from the web.
Installed it OK on my main pc but how do I install it on other pcs such as my wife's and son's?

I find the Avast! Help facilities to be greatly in need of better structuring but overall the service is great except for a recent repeated series of many emails that seem to have hacked my emails. Avast! isn't detecting or preventing them even though I have enabled every possible option. I have changed passwords several times but it makes no difference.

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
Re: Install of Avast Internet Security 8 on other computers - How
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2013, 01:13:49 AM »
you do it same way you did the first....download and install, then insert the license file you got in the mail
or register if free version

OBS. very important that any previous used or preinstalled AV on new computers are uninstalled before installing avast

it is also recomended to run a removal tool so all leftover files are gone
tools here.   http://singularlabs.com/uninstallers/security-software/

Yrademord

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2013, 05:47:19 PM »
It's not that easy as just download another copy. You have to download the trial version. You can't download from the purchase page without the site assuming you want to buy another copy. Go to the page for downloading a trial version and do so. Once the trial version is running, copy your license file across and use it to activate the software to a recognized purchased version with "x" days of license remaining.

Offline essexboy

• Malware removal instructor
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2013, 05:48:23 PM »
These are direct links :)

Download the correct version of Avast 
Avast Free
Avast Pro