Author Topic: avast! Internet Security - 8.0.1482 - Software Updater - Java 32bit - Preparing  (Read 4903 times)

donoho

I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64-bit and I've just updated from avast! Internet Security 7 to 8.

In the Software Updater, several items showed as needing an update.  After updating each item, I rescanned and got an Up to date status.  However, "Java Runtime Environment 7 (32 Bit)" never leaves the preparing state, with a continually scrolling yellow progress bar.  Initially, under more details, it showed a "Local version: 7.0.110.21" and a "New version: 7.0.170.2".  I updated via Start > Control Panel > Java and confirmed the installed version in Add Remove Programs.  Even after an additional reboot, the Preparing status remains and the Local version shows as 7.0.110.21, even though the Software Updater status reads GOOD (100%).  No previous versions of Java show up in Add Remove Programs.

Additionally:
I installed "Java Runtime Environment 7 (64 Bit)" from Java.com.  No 64 bit version of Java had been installed previously.  The Software Updater shows it as being up to date with the correct Local and New version.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2013, 01:48:20 AM by donoho »

Offline Charyb-0

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
Please go to settings in the upper right corner of the GUI then to Software Updater -> Database reset and then Reset database now.

Hopefully, resetting the database will correct this.

See attachment.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2013, 01:45:44 AM by Charyb »

donoho

Problem Resolved.  Thank You!

Offline Charyb-0

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
You're welcome! I'm glad it worked.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2013, 01:49:45 AM by Charyb »

Wardy56

Had same issue, good fix. Thanks.  :D