Author Topic: disable autobox  (Read 881 times)

Offline ronen1n

• Personal Message (Offline)
disable autobox
« on: March 13, 2013, 09:50:32 AM »
i need to disable autobox in avast 8
how can i do it?

Offline Para-Noid

• avast! Evangelist
  • Ultra Poster
Re: disable autobox
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2013, 03:00:06 PM »
From the file shield>settings>autosandbox>untick the box  :)
Dell Inspiron, Win7x64 SP1, Pentium Dual-Core, 6 GB Ram, Avast Free 2014.9.0.2018, Comodo Firewall 5.12 w/D+, MalwareBytes Premium 2.0, MCShield, Super Anti-Spyware Free, SpywareBlaster, Bitdefender TrafficLight, OpenDNS Premium, Keyscrambler Personal,  PrivDog. CCleaner, Greenshot, Firefox (latest build) and, Google Chrome (latest build).

When you do something, do it with a purpose and do it on purpose.

Offline DavidR

• avast! √úberevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2013, 03:25:03 PM »
i need to disable autobox in avast 8
how can i do it?

Is there a specific reason for this ?
e.g. if for one particular program you can have it excluded. You can also report it as a false positive.

If it is for all occurrences, this really is a poor security decision, You can do as Para-Noid (and I have) has and set it to ASK, this gives you executive control over it. Whilst this may result in more pop-ups asking if this should be run/analysed in the AutoSandbox. You obviously have to know what you have installed on your system and what you have just downloaded, etc.
Core2Duo E8300/ 4GB Ram/ WinXP ProSP3/ avast! free 2014 9.0.2018/ Outpost Firewall Pro9.1/ Firefox 28.0, NoScript, RequestPolicy/ MailWasher Pro/ DropMyRights/ MalwareBytes AntiMalware Premium 2.0.1/ WinPatrol+/ Drive Image 7.1/ SnagIt 10.0/ avast! mobile security

Offline Para-Noid

• avast! Evangelist
  • Ultra Poster
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2013, 03:49:40 PM »
@ DavidR  Thanks, I should have explained the risks involved with a disabled autosandbox.  :-[
Dell Inspiron, Win7x64 SP1, Pentium Dual-Core, 6 GB Ram, Avast Free 2014.9.0.2018, Comodo Firewall 5.12 w/D+, MalwareBytes Premium 2.0, MCShield, Super Anti-Spyware Free, SpywareBlaster, Bitdefender TrafficLight, OpenDNS Premium, Keyscrambler Personal,  PrivDog. CCleaner, Greenshot, Firefox (latest build) and, Google Chrome (latest build).

Offline ronen1n

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2013, 07:39:08 PM »
The users that i'm installing the anti virus does not know how to use it so I prefer to disable it.

Offline Para-Noid

• avast! Evangelist
  • Ultra Poster
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2013, 07:48:34 PM »
They do have the ability to set the autosandbox to "auto-decide".  :)

Offline DavidR

• avast! √úberevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2013, 08:24:12 PM »
The users that i'm installing the anti virus does not know how to use it so I prefer to disable it.

It is a valuable tool with the new signatures that are used in conjunction with it, so Auto-Decide as Para-Noid mentioned may well be better.
Core2Duo E8300/ 4GB Ram/ WinXP ProSP3/ avast! free 2014 9.0.2018/ Outpost Firewall Pro9.1/ Firefox 28.0, NoScript, RequestPolicy/ MailWasher Pro/ DropMyRights/ MalwareBytes AntiMalware Premium 2.0.1/ WinPatrol+/ Drive Image 7.1/ SnagIt 10.0/ avast! mobile security

Google Chrome

AVAST recommends using the FREE Google Chrome™ browser.

Download Google Chrome Now