Author Topic: Avast Internet Security 8.0.1483 - Unable to enter license file  (Read 11429 times)

Offline Leszek

• Personal Message (Offline)
Hi,

I bought Avast Internet Security and I have received licence file via email today. Next I have installed the Avast Internet Security 8.0.1483. When I try to enter license file I get such error:

"Unable to enter license file. Signature is incorrect. License file is corrupted or modyfied."

I have no idea if it is the correct translation of this error message as I use the Polish version of the software.  Does anyone have an idea how to resolve the problem?

Thanks!

Offline DavidR

• avast! √úberevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Avast Internet Security 8.0.1483 - Unable to enter license file
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2013, 04:35:00 PM »
How are you trying to enter the license file ?

You should have received an email with the license file license.avastlic either attached or the email or a link to download the license file. Save that to your hard disk and double click on it, that should enter the license for you.
Core2Duo E8300/ 4GB Ram/ WinXP ProSP3/ avast! free 2014 9.0.2016/ Outpost Firewall Pro9.1/ Firefox 28.0, NoScript, RequestPolicy/ MailWasher Pro/ DropMyRights/ MalwareBytes AntiMalware Premium 2.0.1/ WinPatrol+/ Drive Image 7.1/ SnagIt 10.0/ avast! mobile security

Offline Leszek

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2013, 08:35:04 AM »
I received the license.avastlic file in email and I saved it to the disk. Both actions, double click on the file or import from the application causes mentioned error.

I thought that original license file may be corrupted so I filled the form on the web site to generate another one but it did not resolve the problem.

I had Avast Free version installed on my machine. When I bought Avast Internet Security license I had removed it and installed Internet Security one.

Leszek

Offline Asyn

• avast! √úberevangelist
  • Maybe Bot
    • >>>  avast! Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2013, 08:39:34 AM »
1. Download avast! Internet Security: http://files.avast.com/iavs5x/avast_internet_security_setup.exe
2. Follow instructions: http://www.avast.com/uninstall-utility (Run this tool for all prior installed avast! versions..!!)
3. Reinstall avast! with the downloaded installer from point 1.
4. Reboot.
XP SP3 - avast! 9.0.2017 - CIS 3.14 [FW/D+] - MBAM 1.75 [On Demand] - Firefox ESR 24.4 [NS/ABP/EHH/BP] - Thunderbird 24.4 [EM/CH]
Deutschsprachiger Bereich -> avast! Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen und Infos): http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Google Chrome

AVAST recommends using the FREE Google Chrome™ browser.

Download Google Chrome Now