Author Topic: Avast free+comodo firewall question  (Read 5992 times)

Phenoman

Avast free+comodo firewall question
« on: March 22, 2013, 10:41:53 PM »
I'm using avast free with comodo firewall with the auto sandbox inside avast disabled and the autosandbox enabled on comodo firewall and hips disabled on comodo firewall and the web shield is enabled on avast if anyone else uses this combo is it better to keep the webshield on avast enabled and keep hips disabled on comodo firewall or enable hips on comodo firewall and disable the avast webshield?

Offline Para-Noid

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • Trust only what you test yourself!
Re: Avast free+comodo firewall question
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2013, 11:32:10 PM »
I use Comodo Firewall. I have avast autosandbox set to "ask". The CFW Behavior Blocker "disabled".
avast web shield active and CFW HIPS "on". I also set Comodo Firewall to "stealth all ports".

Just make the mutual exclusions in both avast and CFW.
avast is already on the CFW whitelist.  :)
Dell Inspiron, Win10x64--HP Envy Win10x64--Both systems Avast Free v17.9.2322, Comodo Firewall v8.2 w/D+, MalwareBytes v3.0, OpenDNS, Super Anti-Spyware, Spyware Blaster, MCShield, Unchecky, Vivaldi Browser and, various browser security tools.

"Look before you leap!" Use online scanners before you click on any link.

Ddm5

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2013, 12:56:47 AM »
I use Comodo Firewall. I have avast autosandbox set to "ask". The CFW Behavior Blocker "disabled".
avast web shield active and CFW HIPS "on". I also set Comodo Firewall to "stealth all ports".

Kinda odd mate, I have CFW + Avast free and have seen 0 conflicts between either of them on my XP laptop, should I be worried at all?

iroc9555

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2013, 04:02:16 AM »
I got Avast! Free 8 running in my XP Pro with its AutoSandbox disable and its Behavioral Shield enable and set to "Ask". Also got Comodo Firewall configured to Proactive Security. Sandbox enable and Control Mode set to "Untrusted". HIPS active. My firewall is set to Custom Policy and D+ in Paranoid Mode.

I do not have incompatibility issues with this set up.

Offline Para-Noid

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • Trust only what you test yourself!
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2013, 04:25:33 PM »

Kinda odd mate, I have CFW + Avast free and have seen 0 conflicts between either of them on my XP laptop, should I be worried at all?
I had a conflict between the autosandbox and the CFW behavior blocker.
If it works for you, go for it.  8)
Dell Inspiron, Win10x64--HP Envy Win10x64--Both systems Avast Free v17.9.2322, Comodo Firewall v8.2 w/D+, MalwareBytes v3.0, OpenDNS, Super Anti-Spyware, Spyware Blaster, MCShield, Unchecky, Vivaldi Browser and, various browser security tools.

"Look before you leap!" Use online scanners before you click on any link.