Author Topic: Splash Screen!!  (Read 8994 times)

taztaztic

Splash Screen!!
« on: March 14, 2005, 02:13:17 AM »
 >:( I am wondering if there is anyway to turn off the splash screen .. it is constantly coming up for just a few seconds and then disappears .. it is quite annoying .. anyways, if anyone could help me remedy this problem it would be greatly appreciated.

thanks all .. Taz

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: Splash Screen!!
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2005, 02:54:44 AM »
It seems that you've changed the avast settings without knowing what you were doing...
This is an option disabled by default. You can turn it off going to the Standard Shield provider settings, Advanced tab an unchecking 'Show detailed information on action performed'. You can do this for the other providers too.

Welcome to avast. The most configurable antivirus around  8)
The best things in life are free.

taztaztic

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2005, 05:20:30 AM »
I dont think that I ever went into those settings before but I could be wrong. It is really wierd though as the splash screen for the on access I think it is (too fast to actually see it) comes up for like a split second and then is gone. This will happen every few minutes.

If you have any other ideas please let me know .. thanks

Taz

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2005, 07:14:20 AM »
The question is, WHICH splash screen do you mean?
Most likely, it's the Outlook/Exchange plugin splash screen that's being displayed because some background process (e.g. PDA/cellphone synchronization app) keeps executing Outlook all the time...

Thanks
Vlk
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.

Offline szc

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2005, 01:55:11 PM »
Maybe he meant on SCRIPT BLOCKER splash screen... that's the problem when people don't take some time to explain a little better. If they help us, we would be in much better position to help them. If you meant on Script Blocker splash screen when opening Mozilla, Internet Explorer or Netscape Navigator, then just take a look at this screenshot I made and it will help you to disable showing of splash window. In my case, Show splash window is enabled, but you may wanna remove the checkmark from that option...

Hope this helps...
MB: GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UD3H Intel 7 Series  - LGA1155, CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K - Quad Core, 3.40GHz (3.80GHz Max Turbo), CPU COOLER: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO Direct Heat Pipe R2, RAM: 16 GB Kingston HyperX Blu DDR3, VIDEO CARD: Galaxy GeForce GTX 560 Ti - 1GB, GDDR5, POWER SUPPLY: Corsair Enthusiast Series TX750 V2 - 750 Watts, HD: Seagate Barracuda - 2TB, 7200RPM, 64MB, SATA 6Gb/s

sandipmishrabbsr

Splash Screen!!
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2008, 08:27:27 PM »
 ???Actually which is told as splash screen I don't get. But one thing I am getting annoyed is that while I am working with some program some display is going on in the bottom by the Avast and it some times comes in front of my working or visuals by raising its hight and disturbing my current job. What is that ? Whether I can get rid of this problem ? Is that told as Splash Screen ? However, in all other side, Avast is more than OK.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2008, 08:33:01 PM »
It is not a splash screen but a result of tweaking avast and not knowing what the result might be.

Standard Shield - 'Show detailed info on performed actions' this option is off by default, so it would appear you have been tweaking avast without knowing the effect it will have. This function is also on the Web Shield and Internet Mail providers so you should also check those.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

SuperFlyBoy

« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2010, 08:33:09 PM »
Hi guys,

I installed Avast! Professional Edition 4.8 on one workstation running on SBS2003, and since the server had TrendMicro's SBS AV product running, it automatically uninstalled the Avast product.

However, apparently it didn't do a good job and the script blocker screen now shows up when running either IE or Firefox, and also we are not able to browse websites, such as updating using Windows Update via http.

The workstation is able to ping and tracert sites with no problem, so I am assuming that the Avast product may be preventing the users (and admin as well) to browse sites.

This also is in force when the Trend Micro workstation AV is turned off.

Any help on this would be appreciated!