Author Topic: avast! detecting all Dev-C++ compiled programs as Win32:Evo-gen  (Read 8646 times)

Manimecker

avast! free edition is detecting all Dev-C++ (v4.9.9.2 Windows Edition with MingW Compiler) compiled (.exe) programs as Win32:Evo-gen. (PC Windows 7, updated. Avast! 8 Free Edition, updated to last version and database).

Don't know what to do, because all of this programs were made by me, and aren't harmful in any way.
I've sent samples, but they doesn't solve this issue. This has been ocurring since the 7 version, not even with the 8 new version was fixed. This wasn't happening before... it just came from one day to another.

All compiled codes, before I can run the program, avast blocks and deletes it. Even the basic "Hello world" is blocked.

What should I do?

[Sorry my very bad english!]

Offline Milos

• Avast team
  • Super Poster
Re: avast! detecting all Dev-C++ compiled programs as Win32:Evo-gen
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2013, 10:18:14 AM »
Hello,
send some of the compiled .exe files to virus@avast.com and put "False positive" to email subject.

Milos

jeffg1

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2013, 04:57:14 PM »
It's the same with programs compiled with Microsoft Visual C++ in Visual Studio 2010. I have submitted a ticket, hoping they will fix the problem quickly.

This is the text of the ticket:

Win32:Evo-gen false positives

You must have had MANY reports of false positives specifying Win32:Evo-gen virus when attempting to download files. All exe's I have built with Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Visual C++ show this problem, and I have read someone else has the same problem with Dev-C++ (v4.9.9.2 Windows Edition with MingW Compiler).

This does not occur with other virus programs, such as McAfee.

This is a real problem - please fix it as soon as possible!

One (clean) file showing the problem is here: http://www.jeffg.co.uk/_spine/spine70.exe

(The same problem appeared with Avast free v7, but it's only recently happened)

(The file is fine, but I would understand anyone not wanting to download an exe file from someone they don't know. However, it's always safe if you don't execute anything! ;))
« Last Edit: April 09, 2013, 05:01:31 PM by jeffg1 »

Manimecker

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2013, 08:04:52 AM »
I've sent some of the compiled .exe's to the email address you gave me!

@jeffg1 you are at the same stuck like me!

They have not fixed already... I have to disable avast! to get it working.
I hope they can fix it as soon as posible!

Thank you so much, anyway!